• Show
Clear All

• I couldnt be more similar
    -SW|UK-
    Education - Knowledge - Power
    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason_E View Post
      Came for a chat, saw someone compare "Modestep" with "Music" and nearly died laughing. They aren't even dubstep, they're a new sub genere of fisher price Radio1 Playlist friendly generic tones and sounds.

Oh, and I do like dubstep. But mainly hip hop At the moment I've been rinsing old School Dre, Jay Z some Kanye and a lot of Tyler The Creator/OFWGKTA. WINNING!

Car is looking poor on it's standard wheels. Winter needs, though.
      Lol, just lol. And I guess Nero is 'real' dubstep? When they came from a background of DnB and just happened to jump on the bandwagon?

Comment

• Time to bust out the final 1500 words of my essay today, might watch Dexter first though

Comment

• I hope not for inspiration lol
          -SW|UK-

Comment

• Fuck 300 words in a couple of days Jorge, you fail at being a student already?

This is real drum and bass

GET on iTunes http://j.mp/foAVoS Facebook Me http://on.fb.me/oQqMvWGET THE T-SHIRT - http://bit.ly/BartBakerShirtsBECOME A FACEBOOK FAN - http://www.facebook...

Comment

• It'll be finished by this evening, shouldn't take much time at all to finish describing and analysing the possibilty of downsizing engines in future cars....

Comment

• Small egnine, less polooshin init bruv!?

By Jorge

Comment

• The future of the car industry relies on the need to reduce pollutant gas exhaust emissions and improve fuel consumption, whilst still retaining the performance and driveability of the vehicle. In Europe alone the European Union (EU) has set strict caps (Euro 5 and Euro 6) on the exhaust gases emitted that all new passenger vehicles must adhere to. As time passes these caps are only becoming more stringent. Currently there are a number of options for achieving this, the ideal solution being that of electric motors or a car that runs off a hydrogen fuel cell. The technology for this however is still many years away from being a feasible mass production product, which leaves one other main alternative – downsizing the cubic capacity of an engine. The downsizing of an engine is not a new idea to car manufacturers, over recent years there has been a trend in moving from larger naturally aspirated engines with six or more cylinders, to smaller turbocharged and or supercharged three and four cylinder engines. This change of trend already highlights that the future of the car industry does lie with the downsizing of an engine, and with new technology this change is not only vastly improving the fuel consumption and reducing emissions but also improving performance in the process.

Introduction, no proof reading as of yet.

Comment

• Less cut and paste from interwebs

I'm glad I don't have to do essay's anymore

Comment

• Surprisingly, that is all written myself hah

Continues,

The push for downsizing engines, especially in Europe has come from Regulation (EC) No. 715/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2007 which introduced far stricter limits on exhaust gases emitted from light road vehicles, mostly focussing on the reduction of nitrogen particulates and oxides. This regulation was bought into effect to try and improve the air quality in urban areas after the recent increase in diesel vehicle sales with high NOx outputs. There were two new standards introduced known as ‘Euro 5’ and ‘Euro 6’, with petrol and diesel engines having slightly different limits of NOx emissions and particle matter (PM) allowed shown in table 1 below. The EU set out a timeframe for the implementation of these new standards:
                      • ‘The Euro 5 standard came into force on 1 September 2009 for the approval of vehicles, and shall apply from 1 January 2011 for the registration and sale of new types of cars;
                      • The Euro 6 standard will come into force on 1 September 2014 for the approval of vehicles, and from 1 January 2015 for the registration and sale of new types of cars;’

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                        Small egnine, less polooshin init bruv!?

By Jorge
                        no thanks to you im getting funny looks in the office from LOLs. cunt.
                        -SW|UK-

Comment

• Jorge you have to put something about v-tech kicking in, in one of your papers.

for eg; ''which leaves one other main alternative – downsizing the cubic capacity of an engine or making sure there isnt bare nuff v-tech kicking in''.

They wouldnt know what hit them.
                          Last edited by stinkinrich; 11-16-2011, 08:04 AM.
                          -SW|UK-

Comment

• Haha I will do my absolute best to get that line into this essay.

Just like the new direction BMW are going with their new range of sDrive engines replacing the previous 6 cylinder engines, Honda were downsizing their engines 15 years ago with the introduction of VTEC, which enabled them to have two stages of an engine, above 9000 RPM which was when 'kicked in' gave high power outputs of nearly 200 bhp from smaller 1600 and 1800 cubic capacity engines, and below here the economy was higher and of much lower emissions.

Some bullshit ?

Comment

• You got it all wrong though...

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                              Haha I will do my absolute best to get that line into this essay.

Just like the new direction BMW are going with their new range of sDrive engines replacing the previous 6 cylinder engines, Honda were downsizing their engines 15 years ago with the introduction of VTAK, which enabled them to have two stages of an engine, above 9000 RPM which was when 'kicked in' gave high power outputs of nearly 2000000 bhp from smaller 1600 and 1800 cubic capacity engines, and below here the economy was higher and of much lower emissions.

Some bullshit ?
                              Just noticed that mistake aswell
                              Last edited by Anonymoose; 11-16-2011, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• dont blame me if someone who checks it clicks onto it and you get in the shit

Good spot Hayden..
                                -SW|UK-

Comment

Working...
                                X