• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
    BMW Fanboy > Honda Fanboy right?

Rich - http://oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=26443
    Shits epic

Liking that alot, thanks. So i'd need to get the correct strut inserts for my Audi struts right? But shorter ones so they work fine when lowered.
    -SW|UK-
    Education - Knowledge - Power
    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Your comparing a 1000 mk2 to a 4 -6 grand BMW.

Mk2's set up properly have amazing cornering.
      Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

• Yeah man just find shorter ones with the same id...I haven't done it before but found it hard to find measurements for shock inserts that would work...I'd say ring up a shock place and ask them to give you a list of compatible inserts then ebay the fuck out of that car

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          I loved my French cars!

But seriously, tell me how a VW is better than a BMW then?
          Cars if you can call them that

My mk2 was more reliable than my bmw. There's one thing. All car makes have issues, I just find it funny when people say "bmw are the best cars out there. Price, performance, running costs, aesthetics, reliability" coz that shit's straight out of the advert

Btw I'd have a bmw over a golf anyday

Comment

• Sweet ok, looks like we're busy over winter.

Ive had about 13 dubs now, mostly Mk1s and Mk2s and 1 Mk3 CC which was a sack. Id have a Mk1 anyday of the week, but fuck driving it in the winter.
            -SW|UK-

Comment

• Don't think I'm gonna do the whole shortening thing, gonna swap shit and buy coils as I've got a bit of surface rust and won't be able to get parts for easily down the line. Keen to help with out with your's and do a few other weldy bits and peices on mine though

ps you will be my Mr Miyagi
              Last edited by Anonymoose; 10-13-2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• i love my VWs, but im not nieve enough to think they are the best car in the world. but saying that my experience of bmw has made me think they arent aswell build as people bang on about, especially newer ones. Audi piss all over them interior wise.

Comment

Don't think I'm gonna do the whole shortening thing, gonna swap shit and buy coils as I've got a bit of surface rust and won't be able to get parts for easily down the line. Keen to help with out with your's and do a few other weldy bits and peices on mine though

ps you will be my Mr Miyagi
                  Is the shortening thing necessary?

I'll be modifying some struts off another car so i dont wreck mine and then id be screwed with no suspension. Will defo be abit trial and error but no reason why it cant be done.

I can weld decently, but i know a local sheet metal place personally and ill be giving them the bits to do proper neat seams.
                  -SW|UK-

Comment

• From my experience I can't say much bad, that's from my e46 and e24 so far, and my dads e92 and his old e60 which in 3 years had 100k on the clock and still ran mint.

Comment

• my e46 m3 has more rattles than my 20year old golf lol whats your experences with VW?

Comment

• Haha really? Mines pretty nice inside for 150k!

Not much, just find them utterly boring to be in and look at to be honest, like I said, I can't fault BMW enough to want to move away, that is probably what I mean more than they are the best out there.

Driven a pd130 bora, was alright, fairly nice place to be but again, got back into 46 after and much preferred it.

End of the day we've all got our favourite marques and reasons for that...

Comment

• haha i can see why you have that opinion from a diesel bora. i think old VWs have alot of character, they have their problems like all cars, but theres just something about them. maybe its because im into the less is more mentality to styling.

Comment

Honda Fegs Why you copying Josh now Andy?

Ratmog - Fucking suspension before anything, especially paint. What forum are you on fooooo!?!?!?
                            We're collecting supplies now :B i am excite okay and as an artist I am entitled to being excited about paint.

anyways we've ordered some 20mm lowering blocks for the back to see how those go - if successful then will lower more.

Originally posted by Jersh
                            RT changes lives.

Comment

• If you mean 200mm then well done that'll be a hefty drop but 20mm...just put a brick in the boot, job done

Comment

If you mean 200mm then well done that'll be a hefty drop but 20mm...just put a brick in the boot, job done
                                >< I'm a serial typoist today.

Originally posted by Jersh
                                RT changes lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X