This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
    Trust me. I used to be big in Camberfam, administrating the Forum and the Facebook group for nearly 2 years. I left for good reasons. Short story is, most of them are complete and utter dicks. I'm glad I got out before it got as bad as it is now. Pretty much most of the guys I liked in Camber have left it too because it got too bad. From what I hear, now internally it's just people pissing on each other and having a circle wank about new Camber shirts and stickers. When I left, 90% of the group was wankers with identical E36s jerking each other off about how unique and innovative their cars were and being proud of how many fucking likes they got. Attention whores every-fucking-where.

You should be happy that you're not part of that group.

My views on the scene pretty much match yours however. I was at a car show in Wuppertal a few months back with the E36 (you mightve seen it on Facebook, it's apparently a recurring thing called Bright Spots)... I felt absolutely disgusted by the behavior of people there and how they presented themselves and their cars - which is also why my friend and I left pretty early and drover over to Garage10 in Gelsenkirchen where the Garagentreffen was happening, a GTG for youngtimer owners... now that, that was laidback and rad meet! And hell, we even got to put our cars in, even though mine is just now slowly becoming a youngtimer and my mate's car is far from it (a Mk5 Golf) just because the organizer thought they were interesting and we had some chats with a people about them, not like that other show, where people would just rush past, take a photo and sneer at you instead of asking questions about your cars or telling you what they liked or anything.

The modified scene in Germany is complete and utter shit. I've got my circle of car friends and we pretty much all just drive to foreign shows in the Netherlands, Belgium, hell even France and Britain. The scenes there are far from perfect as well but they are about 1000 times better than the local scene in Germany.

I just **** people who do it for all the fucking attention and bring the bullshit drama and anything. In fact, it's even gone so far as to kill my ambition to actually do anything for my blog, which I used to be pretty passionate about. Nowadays I just figure, why the hell should I bother, the German scene is shit anyways.

Damn it, look at me, all ranting and stuff... you got me started.
    I´m glad i´m not the only one who feels that way..I like your blog. Please keep going.

In other news: Sold the E36 again...was an utter shit car everything it had was bondo and rust. Now i´ll keep driving the E46 in the winter and trying to save as much money as possible...I want a R32 Skyline next Year but prices for those are getting ridicoulous
    Last edited by MadMax; 11-11-2015, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• hmm neil i missed that part of your post

there's lots of interesting stuff to c

what you like and i'll tell you were to go

and since belgium is a prize winning beer country, there will be beer (maybe not with your name on it , but there will be beer)

on a sadder note the gti is gone
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post

on a sadder note the gti is gone
        why ? whats next ??

Comment

• meh, engine troubles that didn't go away, and some other vw issues, not practical any more (my life changed a lot since i bought it)

for now i bought my mum's pug and i want to get an older car

probably big boat merc

Comment

• about what kind of "big boat" are we talking here ?

Comment

• Old boats

W108 or 116/7

Comment

• Just picked up my first car, picked up a lovely black 6n2 so I'll see some of you guys at shows next season

Comment

• Congrats!

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                  Old boats

W108 or 116/7
                  I like that.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• grats mehowski

and i like that too Bas

i still have a contact in a mercedes garage, i'll ask around

i know for a fact, that he has a pagode, w123 coupe, 450sec, and a while ago i saw a w124 carlsson edition

Comment

• congrats mehowski !

took off work today to get the Car TÜV Ready...got drunk yesterday now i'm just chiling in the Bed watching Videos about Kanjo Racing in Japan

Comment

• got drunk too

alas i'm at work

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                          grats mehowski

and i like that too Bas

i still have a contact in a mercedes garage, i'll ask around

i know for a fact, that he has a pagode, w123 coupe, 450sec, and a while ago i saw a w124 carlsson edition

That is so good.

I'm looking for another car soon-ish myself. The Audi gets some maintenance now (timing belt next week, overhaul of front suspension and brakes front and rear soon after) but after that I want something to tinker with since both Audi and BMW will now mainly just receive maintenance

But I am so effing undecided on what I want hahahaha

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I know that feeling.

I would Love a Skyline next year but getting one is expensive and Most of the import guys Seem like they're trying to rip of People for Profit. After watching all those kanjo vids I'd like a Civic too but they're stupid expensive for what they are if you Want one with s Little power...I kinda Want Both but then there is the E46 that definately stays too

Comment

• I'm new here.
                              Hi there!

Comment

That is so good.

I'm looking for another car soon-ish myself. The Audi gets some maintenance now (timing belt next week, overhaul of front suspension and brakes front and rear soon after) but after that I want something to tinker with since both Audi and BMW will now mainly just receive maintenance

if only money wasn't an issue

Comment

Working...
                                X