This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
    Stick to what you like man. Don't worry about all these dudes who do it for the attention of a group or what people on instagram think. Most of these guys are self conscious kids who just want to be noticed. They disappear fairly quickly when no-one cares because they're doing shit that's been done a thousand times before.

Build your car for yourself and if people like it, then well done, you have every right to be proud of it. If people don't, don't worry about it, it's not their car. The right people will take notice.
    i´ll definately do that...been driving my wintercar alot and not having to worry about the roads makes driving really boring.

another thing i´ve noticed is that even if nobody cares they´re getting enough attention...there is a local dude who is also owning/moderating a facebook page about low cars...and he´s promoting his E36 "stanceproject2k16" since early 2014...now he will be running Styl. 5s.

but well...the more I talk about this...the more jealous I look

Comment

• nah you make sense

that's mainly the reason i don't do shows any more

back in the 90's things were cool at shows, if you had a question how somebody did something you at least got an answer, or the dude opened up his bonnet or whatever

nowadays it's like currentday rap music. hey look at me how awesome am i

/rant
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
        With that said every car on the main stage is now bagged, which I can understand with the amount of speed bumps here in England, especially London haha
        I have a weird opinion on Bags...there is nothing wrong with Bags if you're dailying your Car. I wouldn't mind Bags on the daily myself

But if the Car is a Weekend/Show Car you can atleast take the commitment to Drive static.

Comment

• Max, I had a close mate just like the guy you speak of. I dont associate with him anymore because of who he became, others dont too.

ps. fuck stanced cars, i love my Discovery

pps, ill be at ultimate stance in a few weeks lol

sup btw
          -SW|UK-
          Education - Knowledge - Power
          insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• I'd Love to get a Discovery 3 or 4 or some kind of oldish retro Offroader

I thought about a X5 like the one Fluid Motor Union built some years ago... but insurance for a X5 is craaaaaaaaazy

Comment

• You got a Discovery Rich!?

I've just been looking at them recently, hows that Tax? lol
              What year did you get?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                I'd Love to get a Discovery 3 or 4 or some kind of oldish retro Offroader

I thought about a X5 like the one Fluid Motor Union built some years ago... but insurance for a X5 is craaaaaaaaazy
                You need to make that happen Max!

I've not really been getting to grips with dailies that I'm going for...finally picked up something which isn't sensible but is a bit more practical. (Plus I blame Minuki for matching cars.)

+1 on what you said! Not really sure I like where the scene is going. Far too many just bagging new cars, sticking some wheels on and finding a sponsor for awful audio. Rinse and repeat.

Meh.

Comment

• I would...buying one isn´t that bad....but Insurance is crazy since so many of them got stolen and are in russia now and I currently have that E36 I drive daily through winter

maybe i´ll just follow the trend and get matching cars next year...

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                    You got a Discovery Rich!?

I've just been looking at them recently, hows that Tax? lol
                    What year did you get?
                    Im shit and replying to txts sorry man.

Its a 2003 so D2, its rattly and smells but still
                    -SW|UK-

Comment

• so is the 5 a weekend queen now? or no more 5
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• 5 went about 6 months ago
                        -SW|UK-

Comment

I would...buying one isn´t that bad....but Insurance is crazy since so many of them got stolen and are in russia now and I currently have that E36 I drive daily through winter

maybe i´ll just follow the trend and get matching cars next year...
                          Matching cars are fun.

Paz, trying to plan a road trip to Germany next year through Belgium.

Any advice on things worth seeing?

Comment

• Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
                            Im shit and replying to txts sorry man.

Its a 2003 so D2, its rattly and smells but still
                            I was kind of reading this thread backwards,

then I read you got a D2... and immediately thought, omg an A8 bro!

Son, I am disappoint. Although a Disco is still pretty cool, haha

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

you've been going through quite a few Cars lately.

I'm annoyed by the German car scene right now.

Stance became a pretty big thing here in the Last year, There are quite a few nice Cars now but i kinda think ist turned retard. sooooo many bagged cars, there are Bag Kits from 1500€ now. everybody and there mother are running reps. Then there is this "Camberfam" thing. A Group of pretty nice although mostly bagged Cars Was cool for a while but now they're all like "i'm so low fuck Any other Car" and they're running a Trademark on the word/ there Logo wich is the word "Camber" in some retro lettering. Every Chav is "Camberfam" now, there popped up like 1000000 diffrent Fitment Facebook Pages wich all repost the Same pictures over and over. I never met Any of those dudes for a real conversation but I once met one at a local car meet. He had a pretty low E36 with M Bumpers, some E39 17s and loads of unnecessary camber. so nothing really New or scene breaking
                              He was going up a Multi storey Car Park like he tried to destroy his Car on purpose, when he made it all the way up he was standing there bragging about how low his Car is, how everyone is going to assume its bagged and how Shit every other Car was and that he will not Look at Any other Car. Then 2 days later he was on Facebook begging for pictures of his Car. I saw the Same Dude driving around town the week later...Same Car but like 2 inch higher. all this kinda annoys me and makes me feel dumb for driving a low Car , Most possibly because i'm a jealous bitch and i'm not in the Camberfam but maybe at the age of 20, i'm getting to old for all this /rant

Trust me. I used to be big in Camberfam, administrating the Forum and the Facebook group for nearly 2 years. I left for good reasons. Short story is, most of them are complete and utter dicks. I'm glad I got out before it got as bad as it is now. Pretty much most of the guys I liked in Camber have left it too because it got too bad. From what I hear, now internally it's just people pissing on each other and having a circle wank about new Camber shirts and stickers. When I left, 90% of the group was wankers with identical E36s jerking each other off about how unique and innovative their cars were and being proud of how many fucking likes they got. Attention whores every-fucking-where.

You should be happy that you're not part of that group.

My views on the scene pretty much match yours however. I was at a car show in Wuppertal a few months back with the E36 (you mightve seen it on Facebook, it's apparently a recurring thing called Bright Spots)... I felt absolutely disgusted by the behavior of people there and how they presented themselves and their cars - which is also why my friend and I left pretty early and drover over to Garage10 in Gelsenkirchen where the Garagentreffen was happening, a GTG for youngtimer owners... now that, that was laidback and rad meet! And hell, we even got to put our cars in, even though mine is just now slowly becoming a youngtimer and my mate's car is far from it (a Mk5 Golf) just because the organizer thought they were interesting and we had some chats with a people about them, not like that other show, where people would just rush past, take a photo and sneer at you instead of asking questions about your cars or telling you what they liked or anything.

The modified scene in Germany is complete and utter shit. I've got my circle of car friends and we pretty much all just drive to foreign shows in the Netherlands, Belgium, hell even France and Britain. The scenes there are far from perfect as well but they are about 1000 times better than the local scene in Germany.

I just **** people who do it for all the fucking attention and bring the bullshit drama and anything. In fact, it's even gone so far as to kill my ambition to actually do anything for my blog, which I used to be pretty passionate about. Nowadays I just figure, why the hell should I bother, the German scene is shit anyways.

Damn it, look at me, all ranting and stuff... you got me started.
                              Last edited by Dr.AK; 11-10-2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeilP View Post
                                Matching cars are fun.

Paz, trying to plan a road trip to Germany next year through Belgium.

Any advice on things worth seeing?

I don't know about Belgium, but when you're in Germany, there might be a beer with your name on it waiting for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X