This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks Bas.

Not encouraging news for making you want to keep the car then?

Comment

• Eh, I suspect that maybe the headgasket is shot now as well... or maybe some other shit as well since the car was making clacking noises when I shut it off...

We'll see. If the engine is shot, I won't really be able to sell it for a price I could live with. So that would mean stash it away and search for a donor car. *sigh*

And just when I was making plans of maybe keeping it as my daily and buying something Jap as a fun car.
      Last edited by Dr.AK; 06-09-2014, 06:13 PM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Shit Bas! Gutted to see that.

Why did they pick the car up like that? The truck is a beaver tail
        -SW|UK-
        Education - Knowledge - Power
        insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• To not damage it in any way when driving it up, since the ramp only tilts down

Comment

• that sucks bas...

I hope its not a too expensive fix.

Comment

• Would have thought just dropping in an M52B28 would be easy over there Bas?

Or would you run into issues with TUV?

Comment

• Gatebil road trip hanging in the balance (literally)

Comment

• Eh... Gatebil will work, if the 3 wont be driveable we'll just take the fatty land barge 7. Will fix the front axle this week and TÜV it, so I can drive it while the 3 is down.

Comment

• Fill the 3 up with water and start it up and see how it sounds?
                    -SW|UK-

Comment

• temperatures raised to around +35 today...if this is from climate warming i'm getting a Hybrid next...

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                        temperatures raised to around +35 today...if this is from climate warming i'm getting a Hybrid next...
                        I'm oddly fond of the i3 even though it doesn't fit my definition of what a BMW should be.

Also anyone had any experience with Vogtland coilovers? Apparently they're pretty much kw v1's so is there any reason to pick them over AP coilovers?

Comment

• i'm looking into a Lecus GS 450h...those can be had here for around 15k and they apparently can be driven around 8-9 litre per 100km

Comment

• max get a p1
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• I saw a P1 on Sunday!

Tried to chase it
                              -SW|UK-

Comment

• Neil,

Vogtlands are great. Not sure where you heard that bit about them being pretty much identical to KW V1, as I've never heard that (I only know that is true for AP coilovers), but they are great quality coilovers. My best friend has run a set for years in his Mk3.

Comment

Working...
                                X