This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    You won't be polishign every week then either. What about getting the faces diamond cut?
    I used to have diamond cut p-slots on my polo and laquer rash = FML and unlaquerd didnt give the same shine.

With chroming, dont i have to watch out for the smallest amount of salt and shit like that?

Comment

• Don't think so as it's just powder coat

Comment

• Ive been given this link

Comment

• Anyone know where i can get some Cheap, stupidly wide, wheels with tyres, for a mk2 golf?

Stupidly cheap.

Comment

• Could use him, could not use him also.. you saw the trouble I had with my lips.

harv, e38? ebay?

Comment

Could use him, could not use him also.. you saw the trouble I had with my lips.
              No, tell me more please...

Comment

• I don't want to slander him, as when we did speak he was friendly, however he had the lips for something like 10 weeks in total, ignored my calls, only got them back after posting a thread on E38, which was promptly deleted after some abuse from members too and I got a message straight away from him.

Work looks good on others, maybe I just had a really bad encounter. The wheel lips were shit, small scratch marks in the metal where it looked very rushed and pitting which he had told me would still be there as they were too bad condition.

Either way, it left me with a bad impression. Next time I will be taking them to a local polishing shop rather than someone recommended online in Scotland.

Comment

I don't want to slander him, as when we did speak he was friendly, however he had the lips for something like 10 weeks in total, ignored my calls, only got them back after posting a thread on E38, which was promptly deleted after some abuse from members too and I got a message straight away from him.

Work looks good on others, maybe I just had a really bad encounter. The wheel lips were shit, small scratch marks in the metal where it looked very rushed and pitting which he had told me would still be there as they were too bad condition.

Either way, it left me with a bad impression. Next time I will be taking them to a local polishing shop rather than someone recommended online in Scotland.
                  Cheers, its good to hear both good and negative. Hmm i may look into places more before sending them off.

Comment

• I think you get that at all places at some stage, I went to get my centres stripped so I could full polish my wheels, talked with the guy over and over saying that's what the plan was, need a smooth finish etc etc. When I went to pick them up they were grit blasted to fuck, I was like wtf am I supposed to do with this? He said 'oh the chemical stripper wouldn't get it off so we blasted it then tried to tell me his polisher could mirror polish them...I said like fuck I'm leaving them here for more rapeage. Anyway I liked the textured bare alloy look in the end. But seriously a seasoned fucking polisher goes and does that after me saying over and over I need a smooth finish so I can hand polish afterwards! Now that's bringing up some built up anger.

Comment

• But at least you could go see it for yourself, which is why rather than putting down 'the Polisher', I have just taken the lesson of using local places only.

Comment

• Ive just emailed the place that quoted me £80-£85 to polish the four lips of my old bbs's for a quote, ive asked for two quotes one for just what you see, the other for the barrel too.

Comment

• That's a sweet price. Try this guy too, he's a good cunt. Tell him Hayden sent you so I might get a discount next time lol

Comment

• Sweet, im hoping for a cheap quote from these esp as theyre 10min from mine

Comment

• ...fuck me you lot are boring sometimes. Lets talk boobs, big engines, crashes and stuff.
                              -SW|UK-
                              Education - Knowledge - Power
                              insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• NO WAY. 440 big block.

Comment

Working...
                                X