Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30's and pretty much any of the Hot Hatches...

Comment

• Doesnt LPG burn hotter? Therefor more prone to headgasket issues?
      -SW|UK-
      Education - Knowledge - Power
      insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Well i've been neglecting this place like normal.. aha.

Who will be at Show&Glow?

Comment

• Nah, cant do it, really wanted to, but the 944 is being painted..

Comment

• Ahh that's a shame, Would have been nice to look around it

Comment

• Yeah I am going Show&Glow...Will probably be in winter-mode with stock wheels on by then haha
              Instagram: @ask83n

Originally posted by DragginWagon
              Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
              This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Comment

• Guys, do you think switching to 195/40s instead of 205/40s will give me noticeably more clearance? I want to go lower but I can't go down very much before the tire hits the fender.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• What are your specs again?

My friend ran 205/215/40s on his 8/9j with his Touring

Comment

• 8.5x17 ET13 with 205/40s.

As it is when my suspension's compressed (and it compresses just barely 1cm at the front), I can stick a credit card between the tire and fender when it's turned. I need more clearance if I want to go lower.

On that note, I think I'm going to sell the 7 and get a second E36 as a daily. Because when I get my new HSD coils, I'll have my APs left over... which means I would have quality suspension kicking around. As much as I love driving a 7, the gas mileage kills me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                      8.5x17 ET13 with 205/40s.

As it is when my suspension's compressed (and it compresses just barely 1cm at the front), I can stick a credit card between the tire and fender when it's turned. I need more clearance if I want to go lower.

On that note, I think I'm going to sell the 7 and get a second E36 as a daily. Because when I get my new HSD coils, I'll have my APs left over... which means I would have quality suspension kicking around. As much as I love driving a 7, the gas mileage kills me.
                      Hmm. What about 205/35's? My friend said 195/205/40s felt super skittish compared to the 205/215/40's he's running now

Comment

• Too low profile and won't give me more sideways clearance. Would look a bit silly imho with how low profile they'd be. If they even exist in 17".

Comment

Too low profile and won't give me more sideways clearance. Would look a bit silly imho with how low profile they'd be. If they even exist in 17".
                          Ah would they not?

I always though you had 9.5"'s on the rear

Comment

• Yes I do, but I'm talking about the front!

My fronts are 8.5 ET13 with 205/40 and my rears are 9.5 ET13 with 225/35

I need more clearance up front for steering when I go lower. Rear is not an issue

Comment

Yes I do, but I'm talking about the front!

My fronts are 8.5 ET13 with 205/40 and my rears are 9.5 ET13 with 225/35

I need more clearance up front for steering when I go lower. Rear is not an issue
                              Ahhh, I thought you meant 8.5's all the way around. Doh

Not really sure how you could get more clearance other than smaller tyres or more camber?

Comment

• Which is why I'm asking if 195/40s will make a noticeable difference to my 205/40s

Comment

Working...
                                X