Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy from Houston! (a photographic timeline)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from Houston! (a photographic timeline)

Hi everyone! My name is Ryan. I grew up in Houston, TX but I currently reside in Huntsville, TX (you know, CAPITAL PUNISHMENT central) attending Sam Houston State.

I went to SoWo and it was like I walked into the Dope Shizzz thread on the vortex.. I was utterly speechless at all possible angles. It was really fun and I want to go next year.

I drive a '95 GTI VR6 freshly resprayed factory Mulberry..I hope you enjoy my little timeline, for I feel it's important to know where you came from.

Humble beginnings (circa November 2006):

Before I even bought the car, the engine was replaced with a '98 motor and the head was rebuilt with all new valves, seals, springs, lifters and retainers. The previous owner was a huge mk3 fan. Unfortunately he ran into the back of someone and ruined the front end, and his wife wanted the car out of the garage after it sat in there for 2 years.

Bought new body parts along with a Jetta front end.

Then after having my fun installing cams, magnaflow exhaust, Neuspeed race springs, and basically dealing with pricey parts to keep it running like a top, I was finally able to save a good chunk of money in Summer of 2009 to finally get it resprayed.

33 months & $2000 later, I finally got what I wanted.

Then I got some coils and dropped it even more. JOM's aren't bad!

My good friend sprayed a set of 16" beetle steelies for a Color Theory art project, and then I bought tires for them. It's a little way of saying I'm having fun with my car, and positive attention isn't bad :P

This is how it sits, and I hope you enjoy!

Cheers

Nice timeline.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

sick color sick jetta front i enjoy it bro

Consuelo...Keeps me safe at night in iraq

Comment

welcome to sw
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Welcome dude
          Static Bora Thread

Comment

Thanks guys!

Spacers are on order for the 512Project in Austin, TX..

Hopefully my calculations will be correct and I'll have an evenly stance'd car.

Comment

Love the car, user name, and color. All my friends laugh at me when I tell what the color is called.
              ///M 2.0
              G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Welcome to Stanceworks mate, tidy looking Golf you have there

Comment

Thanks Y'ALL

Did the Corrado come in "Mulberry" or was it a different name?

My color code is LG6R...

Comment

Originally posted by Mulberry View Post
                    Thanks Y'ALL

Did the Corrado come in "Mulberry" or was it a different name?

My color code is LG6R...
                    To be perfectly honest, i don't know. The car was originally white but the previous owner had it respayed, very poorly too. He said that it was mulberry and it looks like it's pretty close to it so i just took his word for it.
                    ///M 2.0
                    G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Ghetto Jack approves.

Especially the beetle multicolored steelies.

Comment

Paint looks amazing! Very nice work. That takes dedication for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto Jack View Post
                          Ghetto Jack approves.

Especially the beetle multicolored steelies.

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                          Paint looks amazing! Very nice work. That takes dedication for sure.

I just realized this coming December I'll have owned this car for FOUR years.. Which is the longest I have owned a vehicle.

My first two cars were: a '92 Ford Explorer XLT (dark/forest green metallic) and an '88 Honda Accord DX (faded gold, first 5-speed).

My first Volkswagen had it's own timeline too in the 2 years 10 months that I owned it, it's what got me hooked on Volkswagens and moreso on MK3s.

Day 1:

Fun changes in between

Day 890ish:

Final Day:

Some lady sideswiped me at an intersection

Comment

looks good, one of my favorite colors in mk3s....

hubcaps actually would look good on those wheels if you decide to keep the steelies for a while
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I'm torn between a couple different styles of 16" hubbies, but I certainly can't afford them at the moment.

They would look great once I get a set though

Comment

Working...
                              X