Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Holland

Hi Stanceworks fanatics,

My name is Julian Serna, I'm 25 years old and live in The Netherlands. I have been a car fanatic all my life and have been enjoying Stanceworks for a while now. Just recently I have started looking at the website instead of only the features and saw that there was a forum (duh), so I thought I'd register! So, here is a bit about myself:

My car history
    My history of cars is... problematic. My first car was a 1990 BMW 318i Touring (E30). My brother gave it to me as a present for getting my drivers' licence. Unfortunately, I had to scrap it, since I blew up the engine (now I regret scrapping it, and not just swapping the engine, but yeah, didn't have the knowledge and resources I do now).

Second car was a 1983 Volkswagen Jetta mk1. Loved that car for five years till it's death, which was around August 2016, when the place I had stored it was set on fire and burned to the ground. The fire destroyed the Jetta, all of the car parts I collected for 6 years, the engine I was building for it, tools and another one of my cars (my fourth car): my 1969 Mercedes-Benz 280SEL USA-spec which I bought just a week prior to the fire. Everything I had, gone..
    (Also destroyed in the fire: 13 other cars, a tonne of parts and tools, and a lot of hopes and dreams of 10 other people whom I shared that place with)

The Jetta when I bought it:

And after I (and the fire) had my way with her:

My third car was a 2000 Audi S3 8L. Awesome car, about 230hp, four wheel drive, luxurious, but heavy and thirsty. It was also a pain in the ass, because the previous owners didn't take very good care of it. So had to spend a lot of money on maintenance.. After the fire, I couldn't keep it and sold it.
    My S3 together with my brothers' S8:

My fourth car was the 1969 Mercedes-Benz 280SEL USA-spec, one of only 8.250 made. An all original, pale grey with awesome patina, red leather interior, 6-cilinder beast. A dream come true, which was destroyed in the fire..

My fifth car, which i'm currently driving, is a shitty little 1996 Renault Clio mk1 Phase 2. It was cheap and had some options (sunroof, electric windows) and low-mileage. I bought it as a temporary daily, so I could save up and buy myself a car worth spending the money on.

I did, however, have a lot of fun in the snow this past weekend: https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram...16157440_n.mp4

Plans
    I'm planning a trip to California in March. I want to enjoy life again, and what better way is there to travel an beautiful country and visit family I haven't seen in years? Well.. cars, ofcourse! So I would like to visit a lot of car shows, but most importantly: I want to buy myself a Mercedes-Benz 280SE(L) again. I want to drive it while I'm there and then ship it to The Netherlands.

Tips?
    If anyone has some tips about what car shows are worth going to between March and June (JDM, Muscle, Hot-rods, Euro, anything!), I'll be very happy! And if anyone is selling a 280SE(L) or has some tips on what websites are good for finding these kinds of cars for sale, please let me know!

TL;DR
    Hi! I'm Julian, I live in The Netherlands. I'm a car fanatic. I've had 5 cars, but not a lot of luck. Any tips for me what carshows/meets I can go visit while I'm in California between March and June?
    Last edited by Julez; 01-09-2017, 04:17 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------[ I'm batman ]-------------------------------------------------

Well losing cars in a burning building is just awful. Wish you all the best with your trip and hopefully find a new car. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
    X