Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E38 from Scotland

Hi gents (and gent-esses)

Relatively new to the SW scene, i've been around cars for a while with French hot hatches when I was younger, through to a dirty diesel period, followed by a sort of.. rat look-ish phase, then onto drifting before finally picking up my new daily a few months ago. Been a lurker for years but this is my official first venture into this kind of thing...

It's a 1997 E38 735i with the M62B35 3.5 V8. Bit of a weird one, i'd have loved a 740 but they were out of budget, and the 730's are no better than the 728's, but the 735 came up locally (Glasgow) at an absolute bargain price for the condition of it and a deal was done. 96k miles, couple of MSport bits, full "smoker's pack", interesting Aspen Silver with Lavendelgrau interior, Style 32's, FSH, couple of small rust bubbles on the rear arches but absolutely solid and all the electrics worked properly. £900. I was happy with that!

Fell in love with the car, it just felt so much better put together than anything i'd owned previously, but as you can see from the picture it was lacking aesthetically. I'll throw up a proper thread for it in due course, but for now hello, nice to meet you etc, i'm Chris and I live in bonny Scotland

Instagram: @cwspellowe

Welcome, this car screams for an airride setup and some killer wheels. Just my 2cts.

Personally, I would put (the) orange corner lights (back) in.

This is a very nice daily!

Comment

Haha, cheers man. Airride and mega wheels are a long way away, putting food on the family table comes first. You're right about the corners and sides though, it came with the clear ones and face-lift rears but I'm leaning towards amber myself

Instagram: @cwspellowe

Comment

Car looks great! I'd say it was a good investment.

Comment

Working...
        X