Classic Japanese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Japanese

I'm from the SF Bay Area and my brother and I Built a streetable Datsun 510 E Modified Solo car called lemonhead. We've started looking for a 521 Datsun truck as our next project. Plan is to swap a VG30 into it and us it as the car hauler for track days. Looking forward to connecting with some other car folks.

Freaking sweet.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Looks like a nice set up. What kind of power are you putting down and what transmission and rear end did you use to allow for the power increase and putting it to the ground?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

For a second i thought it was a spam bot

Car looks great!
        Cut it up Fresssshhhh!!!!!

W204 c350
        Riverside Altstadt 1 Wheels
        Simply Static

Comment

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
          Looks like a nice set up. What kind of power are you putting down and what transmission and rear end did you use to allow for the power increase and putting it to the ground?
          It's making a hair under 300hp to the wheels with the SR20DET 5speed, GT3071r running on e85. To be honest I'm throwing 50hp away as tire smoke, so on track days we actually detune it in 1st, and 2nd. 06, WRX sti R180 LSD dif, 930 stub axles and CV joints with Bata Motor Sports stub ends, Slotted rear X-member, Coil overs, Rear strut tower brace Enkie 15X7 wrapped with 205/15. I didn't want to flare the fenders, so I'm a bit limited with width, but the car is so light 8, or 10 tires wouldn't get me much more traction.

Here's a video of the build, and some driving. Read the info and it pretty much covers everything we've done to the car.

Thank you very much Kenny. You made my dreams come true and made a very hard time in my life so much better. You're the kind of brother and friend other guys...

Comment

right now the car is at 14 psi, and maybe one day we might go as far as 18. If I had it to do over again, I think I would get a smaller turbo, maybe 2871. To get the gt3071 to spool up with a little 2.0 liter motor requires 4000 rpm before getting full boost. I'll never go beyond 18 psi, and I'd much rather sacrifice that top end, and get that power earlier. this is the first turbocharged car I've ever done, so it was a learning curve.

Comment

This is looking sweet as a lemon! Welcome.

Comment

Thanks Suburuuh, MommysLittleMonster, FAneek. Took the time to look around at some of the other members cars. Holy crap there are some serious rides posted here!

Comment

awesome
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                  X