Lurker GTO Drifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurker GTO Drifter

Hi everyone, been lurking around these forums looking at all the cool builds for a while. I thought I had registered months ago, but apparently not haha.

I've been drifting my 2004 GTO since 2013 and this earlier year I finally started to get it dialed in.
    Previous drift cars include a RB25 swapped S13 and a FB RX7 I had for a short time.

Outside of cars, I used to buy, fix and sell motorcycles. I've owned more sport bikes than I can count on two hands...crashed a few of them too.
    Currently enjoying the summer on stand up jet skis, water hurts less than asphalt and dirt!

Anyway, I love taking photos and sharing build progress.
    I actually got into drifting when I started as a photographer for local drift events back in the early 2000s.
    Who knew that job would cause my wallet to be empty for the next 10 years!
    Last edited by chixwithtrix; 09-29-2015, 12:02 PM.
    Pipsqueak the Goat
    Chix Blog

That GTO is looking sweet! What have you done to it?

Comment

Thanks!
      I'll be making a build thread, just haven't had a chance since I'm at work.

But the basics; cammed, coilovers, custom control arms, stripped interior, racing seats, 4 pt rear cage, cut knuckles...a lot of suspension work and supporting drive train mods. Pushing 400hp, did the cam swap in a family member's garage in a few days. Love pushrod motors!
      Pipsqueak the Goat
      Chix Blog

Comment

Originally posted by chixwithtrix View Post
        Love pushrod motors!
        Those LS' respond very well to basic mods, are easy to work on, parts are plentiful... No wonder you (and many others) like them!

GTOs are not that common though, what made you choose it? Instead of, say, a Camaro/Firebird or even a Corvette?

Comment

Originally posted by silex View Post
          Those LS' respond very well to basic mods, are easy to work on, parts are plentiful... No wonder you (and many others) like them!

GTOs are not that common though, what made you choose it? Instead of, say, a Camaro/Firebird or even a Corvette?
          Because straya.
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

This is super and amazing offer is house of bath free delivery
            tray to
            house of bath free delivery!

Comment

Originally posted by silex View Post

I came upon the GTO in an odd way as I posted in my build thread. I was looking for a LS engine to put into a 240sx chassis andbuild. I found this GTO with the LS engine stock for sale for less that it would cost me to swap one into the S13 chassis. It was a win win.

But to answer why not a Corvette or F-body - the GTO has superior suspension. Maybe not necessarily better than the Vette's, but less esoteric. Corvettes are notoriously bad drift platforms. IRS suspension is far better than solid axle so F-bodys weren't even an option. My boyfriend has a 2001 WS6 Trans Am, I know how bad they handle haha.
              Pipsqueak the Goat
              Chix Blog

Comment

Working...
              X