Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

greetings from a noob and in need of some help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greetings from a noob and in need of some help please.

Greetings to all, im new to the forum so forgive me if my posted question has been discussed before I did try the search function lol.

Okay so im currently looking to do a big investment in adjustable suspension its a long term project but I want to start out with all the info.

Im currently running fk streetline coilovers on my polo with removed helpers, my stance and ride height is great for daily driving so my discrepancy is I can go lower on my coilovers but then I'd have problems with clearing obstacles(I already do have) ive been looking to do basic airride installation or aircups/static+ I'd like some feedback from anyone who has experience with either of these, keeping in mind the car is a daily drive which is the better route and why? I will admit I like the idea of aircups/static+ as it practically does exactly what I want but is it a good investment or will I end up better off with the fersitile airride instead?

Thanks in advance!

Air cups don't typically add much lift - plan on between about 12 and 25mm of lift with a set installed, depending on the kit. There are a few rare examples that offer as much as 50mm of lift, which is nice if you can find a set that fit your coilovers.

If you're happy with the way the car handles currently and a small amount of lift will meet your needs, air cups are a great way to go, since you keep all the ability to tune suspension stiffness that you get with coilovers but with a little bit extra clearance when you need it. One other advantage is that an air cup system is inherently more fail-safe, in that should your air system fail, the car still has the coil springs to hold it up. Another advantage is that the air systems to inflate air cups are significantly simpler than for a full air ride system - there's no real need to have separate valves for each corner nor any kind of gauges, monitoring, or electronic management. Just a pair of valves and a pressure regulator will do it.

But, if you need more range than 25mm, or you want to be able to drop the car when parking, then your options are air ride or hydraulics. Given that you already have coilovers, adapting them to a set of bags like the UAS Aero Sport or similar is not particularly difficult. This is a more expensive option overall, but if you need or want the range, or you want to be able to slam your car on the touch of a button, air is pretty awesome.

The decision is really up to you and how well each system meets your goals for your project.

Comment

Hi oh dam, its sam,

Thank you for the reply. I do hope to hear from more members on here too! I've weighed up both options with the pros and cons of each, im not picky on either of the system I just want to go slightly more low about 30mm and be able to get over obstacles, I dont need to have the car slammed when parked either. Im interested in this system: http://www.stanceparts.com/product/c...e-air-cup-kit/ according to the online site it gives 50mm clearance and im almost 100% sure theywill fit my coilovers : http://www.esetuning.com/fk-automoti...vw9007-fa.html and the pricing to get the aircups + shipment is 1/3 the price of air ride.if anyone has pics on the installation I'd be hsppy to see then. So is it eorth it for what I need and is the*installation fairly straight forward.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Bump! Need a link to any aircup installs/builds please

Comment

Working...
        X