'84 Subaru hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '84 Subaru hardtop

Bought it off a guy who was living in it, it reeked. I used oven cleaner,vinegar,and lots of different types of cleaning supplies.

Lowered it for free and drove it for a bit. Got a set of 50 dollar wheels and tires with good tread off an ea82, the guy upgraded to big tires that's why so cheap.

Then sold the ea81 and original tranny. Carb was complete crap and drivetrain had 238k on it. Time for an upgrade

Dented fender on left side, so I had some fun with it.

So far I've pulled a fwd impreza transmission out of a '93 impreza l (ej18), cost me $100, and it has the same spline count as the ea81 axles, so should work just fine. Gonna put it in. I got the cross member too.
    Also got an ej22 Sohc for my legacy wagon with 100k, has new head gaskets for $150. Might rebuild the old one and put it in the gl cause it bolts right up to the tranny. Wiring and stuff is gonna be a pain but I got until January cause my license is suspended.

Oh and the interior has come together nicely.

Got some Xt checkered seats, wrx shift knob, radio and stuff. And roof rack off a loyale wagon for $10 at the jy fit pretty decent.
    Last edited by slammedsubaruhardtop; 07-15-2015, 04:42 AM. Reason: pictures weren't working

dude i don't know what went wrong, but none of your pics seem to work
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Fixed the pictures

Comment

Working...
      X