stopped lurking, joined forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stopped lurking, joined forum.

It seems like an awful lot of my internet image searches end up on here, so I figured I'd just sign up. Hell, I'm always looking for more outlets to blab car stuffs. Little background, I got a job in an engine shop at age 12, got totally hooked on cars, trucks, machines in general. I'm now a mechanical engineer, I work with planes, but the gearhead thing has been ongoing since cracking open my first Motor Trend as a kid. I've had lots and lots of cars, trucks, bikes, even some boats, so for the purpose of the stanceworks intro, I'll just run through a couple of the lowered ones.
    '06 Mazdaspeed6, dropped 1.5" on Megan springs, had a few other parts on it. First nice (read "not 10 years old") car I bought, and 6 months later I sold it. Fact is I don't want a car that works fine, I want one that requires love and attention.

1972 Pontiac Lemans, my first car, been through a lot. Rebuilt motor, now has 2" drop spindles in front, stock height in the back, cause I love rake on a big muscle car. Still got this one.

1995 BMW 540i, 6 speed, all Dinan-ed up, 60mm drom on Low-Tecs and M-sport shocks. This may have been the best sounding car I ever had, with that DOHC V8 running through fake cats and a Cherry Bomb Xtreme competition muffler. ***** to let this one go, but needed room for new toys.

1982 Honda CB900, the only bike I still have. Hardtailed, shaft drive, not a comfort cruiser.

Ok now some lower stuff. My daily, 2001 VW Passat GLX. Solowerks coils, pair of 12" kickers in the trunk, all the essentials for a responsible adult car.

And lastly, the 1987 300ZX Turbo. Stance Supersports, XXR 17x9/17x10, poly bushings, intercooled etc. etc. This is my Friday car, for when I need to let off steam from the week.

So that's a sampling of my automotive tastes. Looking forward to hanging around this board even more!
Working...
X