Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Guy with the E39

What's up Stance Works family?

My name is Eno, in about a month I'll be 27 and after finally deciding to stop spending every penny on sneakers I've finally bough my first car.

A little history:
    I've been in love with cars literally for as long as I can remember. While other kids had comic books and spoke about sports I had my head in a Motor Trend, Car & Driver or whatever other car magazine I could find. When I was 10 my parents took me to the NY Auto Show and it was that day that I fell head over heels on love with BMW. It became my favorite make. By high school I had dreams of owning a Lowrider and a few other 60's era classics but I would always come back to the thought of a BMW as my daily driver. So needless to say, I vowed that my first car would be a BMW, preferably a 5 series.

Sure enough a month or so ago a friend called me and told me that he was finally selling his car. He knew I've wanted to take it off his hands for some time now so I was the first person he called when the time came. I wanted an e28 or e23 more than anything in the world but I knew/know that that's something for later on when I've learned more about cars to take on.
    So the e39 it was. A 2000 in need of new brakes and some TLC.
    I gave my friend $2,350.00 and a pair of Air Jordan sneakers. Lol. And he gave me the keys to my first car, one that in only a month or so I have fallen in love with.

Aside from the headlights it is completely stock but I have plans for brakes, rotors, suspension and wheels. As far as engine swaps and all that, I'm simply not there yet. But I've been a fan of Stance Works for a little over 2 years now and I'm glad to finally feel like I can join into the forum seeing as how I finally have a car!

Nice to meet you all.

Not sure how to add photos from my phone but here is the blog post that I posted with a few pictures of the car
    Enjoy:
    Yaoooooow! So if you know me then you know I've been a guy who loves cars since day 1! As a kid I always wanted to be in the drivers sea...

A little help for you: Paste the Image URL in the [IMG] tags on either side

Car is definitely a NY car, but has a lot of potential. A word of advice, Change those headlights to a nice version with CCFLs. Any other plans for it?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Not a fan of those headlights but this looks like a good project. Good luck and welcome!

Comment

R2dMax Thanks a mil for posting the pics! And thanks for the suggestion I like them but I do feel that they'd look a lot better in a better housing so I'll def look into those you suggested. As for plans, right now I have a million ideas but money wise I'm not ready to move too fast. So it'll be a slow process.

PDubs thanks for the welcome. I look forward to being hear and learning a little from all of you members!

Comment

Working...
        X