New from SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from SoCal

New guy here from SoCal. I currently drive a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII. I chose the car because I like its odd lines and ode to classic Lincoln spare hump. The car came from the factory with a computer controlled air ride. In stock form the car lowers itself when it reaches 55 mph. It also lowers itself when you park. The most common system failures are dry rotted bags or blown compressors. Most people just stop driving them when the air system fails which contributes to their very low selling price. Marks can be had from 500 to 3500. I bought mine for 1700. Anyway what I did was modify the stock bags to accept conventional ptc fittings. I went with paddle valves because they're cheap, a viair 144, a couple of dual needle gauges and an air Zentih aluminum tank. Total cost around 500 to gain manual control of the system. No need for custom mounts or fabrication. Right now it sits on red drilled 2006 mustang v6 wheels but I def plan on running concaves in the near future. It's an oddball car that some won't like but hey it's long low and has 32v DOHC modular engine.

Last edited by TMACKVIII; 05-21-2014, 02:36 PM.

Last edited by TMACKVIII; 05-21-2014, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Looks great. Love the way the paddles are set up.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Thanks man. It took me about a week of playing Tetris with fittings until I got it right.
        I made the panel out of a piece of scrap plywood and then stained/glossed it to match the rest of my interior wood trim.

Comment

Big thumbs up from me. While I tend not to be much a fan of Ford's products from the '90s, I always have thought these had cool lines, and as I recall, they're surprisingly quick.

What are your wheel plans, if I might ask?

Comment

Finding decent wheels for this car is kinda hard because it's RWD with a fwd offset. I'm leaning towards five star pattern or may get the avant garde m359s. Rim searches are what lead me to this forum.....so I registered with hopes of getting a little guidance on finding the right wheel to really set the car off.

As far as the engine, I can't complain. The Mark was the first car from Fomoco to receive the 4v DOHC engine. It got it before the the Cobra did. Mine has dual exhaust, a chip, and 3:73 gears. For a big car it moves.
            Last edited by TMACKVIII; 05-21-2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Damn this is so awesome, love it!! Props for being different looks good, maybe some mesh wheels.
              08 Sentra slow build

Comment

The location of the paddles is awesome!
                sigpic
                IG: @sexxyton

Comment

makes me wanna re do my gauges and switches. i like that idea of in the center console.
                  C280 Build Thread
                  C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                  E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

This thing is dope as fuck.
                    on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

Thanks fellas.

Comment

This is definitely different, again the gauges and switches are a pretty cool and clean setup. As for the wheels, that could be interesting. Like baggedb16sentra said, maybe some classic mesh would look good on this car.

Welcome to S|W
                        1975 BMW 2002 : : 1977 BMW 320i : : 1983 BMW 320i

Comment

Yep...this is one of those cars where wheels can and will make or break it. Most guys run mustang wheels or Saleen speed stars. I had a friend p shop these for me. I think it's doable after seeing wheel tire combos on here. The wheels on it now are 16x7 +39. For a RWD car it has a real positive offset.
                          Last edited by TMACKVIII; 05-23-2014, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X