Hi from Tejas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Tejas.

Hi all! I am new to these forums. I am also a noob to stancing. I am here to learn everything I can about how to effectively and cleanly stance my car. I have been loving this look ever since I saw it for the first time. However I have not been able to find information on how to do this setup. Probably would have been easier for me if I lived in Cali and not Tx idk? Either way I found this forum yeah!!! Everything sounds good so far right? Haha I have a 2000 BMW 740i in killer beige lol. Sorry I am having trouble resizing my photos to upload right now, I can upload some later. Where should I start reading to understand what parts are needed and what rim and tire combinations are needed just in general so I can start grasping the theory behind stancing? I am currently rebuilding my suspension front and back so I figure this is as good a time as any to get started prepping my car to be stanced. Thanks and peace.

Welcome! Consider using Flickr (other host sites are available) to host your photos, it'll resize your photos for you and spit out the bit of code needed to post a photo in your posts.

I'm a Mercedes guy, so I can't speak much to setting up an E38 BMW, but my recommendation would be to do a LOT of reading around here and digging into build and photo threads. There's no one recipe or one setup that qualifies your car as "stanced." Getting a car low and on decent wheels is only a small part of a build; you'll want to get an idea of what kind of look you're going for, and what that involves. For example, one of the first major decisions you're going to have to make is just how you're going to get low. Does that mean coilovers or does that mean air? Maybe you want to be way different and go hydraulic or hydropneumatic?

Dig into the Appreciation Threads in the Showroom section and start getting an idea of what looks good to you. Start searching in the Classifieds for wheels that pique your interest. Start saving photos of setups you like and start trying to figure out what makes those cars look that way.

Good luck!

Comment

welcome.

Comment

Working...
      X