Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Paderborn in Germany

Hello Guys,

my name is Francesco, I'm 23 and I live in Paderborn, a 145.000 people town in Germany.
    As you can see from my name, I am from italian descent. And yes, I can speak Italian and yes, I can do the hand moves, too

I'm addicted to old BMWs but I like almost every old car. Buildthreads about old cars are also the ones I like most
    I just can't get along with new cars. They annoy me and the driving pleasure is not the same as in an old car, especially old BMWs. So I ha_te them, they ha_te me. Just my opinion

I don't really slam my cars to the ground or fit total oversized wheels, I just do decent stuff or optimize my cars with OEM stuff. That's how I like my cars But I really love to see what other people do with their cars and at the end we're all here for the same passion: cars.

So, let's move on to my cars.
    For the moment I own 6 cars (5 BMWs, 1 Jeep) and I already owned quite a lot of cars.
    I have stopped driving my BMWs as daily drivers and just use them as summer and nice weather cars The Jeep has to take all the rest But who knows what comes to my mind in the future.

First a list of the cars I once owned, with one or two pictures

1. - 1989 BMW E32 730i manual - lowered by 35mm, 16" Remotec Wheels with 245/45 tires, white front indicators, red back indicators. Owned it for 9 months, put 30.000KMs (about 18600mls) on it.

2. - 1993 BMW E34 530i V8 manual - lowered by 25mm with H&R springs, 17" 8 & 9 BBS RC with 235/45 and 255/40 tires. Owned it for 8 months.

3. - 1991 BMW E32 750i V12 - was completely stock, I didn't change anything on it. Pure luxury. Engine was pure smoothness. Owned it for about 6-7 months. Got a good offer for it so it needed to go. Today, I regret it.

4. - 1988 BMW E34 535i manual - was completely stock, but looked very nice with the white paint and the red interior Put 17" 8 & 9 BBS RC with 235/45 and 255/40 tires on it. Owned it about a year.

5. - 1986 BMW E28 525e manual - lowered by 30mm with H&R springs. Rest was stock. Was my daily driver for a few months. Why I sold it? Don't know until today...

6. - 1994 BMW E30 318i Touring manual - was lowered 40 mm with FK springs, rest of the car was stock. Massive piece of shit car. Only BMW I ever regretted to buy. Engine blew up after 1 month. After 2 months it began to start up like a 90 year old, smoking 2 cartons of filter less cigarettes a day in the morning. On my way to Italy the driveshaft fell apart, nearly setting the car on fire when the fat dripped onto the hot exhaust. Fixed the driveshaft with a new cuff on the camping site. On my way back home to Germany the fixed driveshaft fell apart again ... in a Tunnel ... After removing all fat I drove home with the damaged driveshaft and somehow I made it. 2 days back home the exhaust manifold fell apart causing the exhaust to smash onto the road. After that I was so pissed that I sold this piece of useless junk.

Here comes the non-BMW part.

7. - 1990 Volkswagen MK2 Jetta. 1.6 Diesel, 54hp, 4 gear manual. What a machine Fitted some 15" EXIP wheels with 195/50 tires on it and was happy about how it looked. I only needed it for some long work trips, put 16.000KMs (10.000mls) on it in 3 and a half months.

8. - 1991 Ford Sierra Station Wagon, manual - 2.0L DOHC with 120hp. Used it as a winter-only car. Paid only 200€ (270$) for it and had still 8 months of TÜV (same thing like MOT in the UK) ,,, looked like total shit ... was a total drift bitch. Shift down a gear, pedal to the metal and it totally got sideways immediately, no mater if it was dry, wet or snow/ice. The fun I had with this one can't be put in words. Shredded 2 sets of tires on the rear axle in 1 winter.

I also owned a VW Mk2 Passat ex-police car, but never really drove it because it blew up 2 auto trannys in 2 weeks. Sold it to a guy in Berlin. For 1 months I also owned an Opel Omega B Station Wagon. Also a total piece of shit. But at least I travelled to Poland and back with it in one piece.

So, I think this got a bit long.
    You will read about my actual cars in my next post or as I don't modify so much on my cars I will start a Build thread an will put all of them in it

So far.

Francesco

Nice car history man. Greetings from Kassel.

Comment

Yeah, quite a history for someone at 23 years of age. And I forgot to mention my 1993 E34 525i 24V and 1999 MK4 Fiesta in the list above

Nice to see someone here who only lives 90kms away from me

Comment

Oh, and I found some pictures of my Mk2 Passat Police Car.
        When I think about it now I just should have sticked to my plan.
        I wanted to slam it with a coilover ride and put some 16" LENSO BSX on it.

That would have been sweet. After the second auto trany blew up I got mad and sold it. Maybe just should have put a manual in it.

Comment

The Passat would have been mad slamed with some nice wheels.

Comment

Working...
          X