Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb from Salt Lake Area my new Merc W115

New to the site. Long time lurking.

I just bought this 1972 220 Yesterday. I've never looking for one for about a month.

This one is a bit Rusty. Most of it is surface. Bit the front right fender has a few holes and the inner firewall on the driver side has a hole.

The rear fenders have some rust. Just surface.

The interior is nearly perfect. Only one crack in the dash.

So Friday night I hooked a trailer up to the back of my Toyota sequoia and made an epic trip to the bowels of Wyoming. My fried went up with me. 12 hours later and many chance experiences with near death we got back home.

Let's just say at one point I was sliding side ways (let's call it drifting so it's cool). If you have not been drifting at 60 mph in a large SUV with a trailer on icy snow covered roads you are missing out. But having the Supreme control that I do. I saved our bacon.

Anyway pictures right.

ODO shows 62K

pictures

Comment

Nice snowstorm in Wyoming.

Comment

Anyway.

I'll start a build thread. I'm going to cut the springs to begin with and then eventually go to air.

Right now, I'd like to get to get it running and fix up the rust issues.

I think the motor dropped a valve. It was running, I even drove it around the neighborhood.

I was going to run down and steam clean the motor before i started working on it more, but as I was backing out of the garage it stopped. I had to push it back in. I can turn it over at the crank about 180 degrees in each direction.

Last edited by sawtooth4x4; 01-05-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Nice, hope you can finish this

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
          Originally posted by Oxer
          You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
          Originally posted by Average_Jerk
          Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Working...
          X