BMW & Miata guy from Central NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW & Miata guy from Central NJ

What's up StanceWorks! I've been creeping around long enough, so it's time to make an intro. The name's Tim, from Central NJ. I love anything to do with cars and photography, wrenching, and fabricating.

After some VW's I had a '90 Volvo 240 and '97 Mazda Miata, my first rwd vehicles. At the time I was getting into some casual drifting. The Miata has uber high miles, so I wasn't going to drift that. The Volvo would need boost and a T5 swap at the least. I wanted something quicker, so I sold the Volvo and bought a '92 Bmw 325i which was soon rear ended and totaled. The Miata was all I had.

I picked up another e36 a few months ago for dirt, a '97 328is. It has some rust issues, but that doesn't concern me too much..I plan on drifting it to smithereens. Plans are:
    -rear subframe reinforcements
    -rear subframe poly bushings
    -3.91 welded diff
    -sunroof delete
    -A/C delete
    -muffler delete (still has cats and resonators)
    -traction control delete
    -build coilovers w/front camber plates
    -m50 manifold
    -4mm steering rack spacers
    -clutch fan delete / add electric puller fan
    -extended/stud conversion
    -either 16x8.5 salad shooters, or 17's 8" and wider
    I need to sneek a little bit of stance in there too! I have a fender roller if I need, and I'll get/make whatever spacers I need. I'd like to have a little bit of tire stretch & poke. I have assorted 15" & 16" wheels for burn-offs.

And a few quick pics of it currently

And now my Miata. 1997 with the stock 1.8. I bought it with ghetto wheels on it and a sliced top. Still pretty cool though. I never thought I'd enjoy a convertible, it seemed so lame. But I was wrong, I love this thing!

Here's the list
    -sold the ghetto wheels
    -new top and rain rail
    -Megan Racing coilovers
    -Konig Flatout 15x8 et25 with Falken Ziex 512 205/50, no spacers (sold)
    -A/C delete
    -front GV rep lip, rear R speed rep lip
    -Magnaflow exhaust (4” tip is way too big)
    -Magnaflow spun cat
    -Hard Dog M1 roll bar
    -new clutch master, slave, and stainless braided hose to go in
    -fresh solid brake discs with Hawk HPS pads

It’s not low, but I managed to scrape the pan on a curb cut..now it leaks oil quite badly. I’m pulling the motor to clean it up and re-seal it. I sold the Konigs because I’m going to a 15x7 195/50 setup. Right now it’s on stock daisy’s, and I have Borbet’s w/winter tires too.

I look forward to reading threads and hearing from you guys!

love the miata.
    Current project: 1981 kz550 hard tail ideas
    1991 civic hatch (stock monster truck daily)
    1990 civic hatch (stancy bullshit)
    1990 civic hatch (go fast build)

Comment

Nice lineup

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
      Originally posted by Oxer
      You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
      Originally posted by Average_Jerk
      Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Just picked these up for refinishing

Comment

Working...
        X