new from the 603(NH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new from the 603(NH)

Hey all, ive always liked stanced cars. Always had high trucks. Sick of paying to drive my truck everywhere so i picked up an 81 300sd. Always liked old diesel mercs and think it will be a cool rig. It's different than the typical cars we see here in New Hampshire. Anyway this car i got needs an interior. I'm looking for advice about what to do. I fixed the leaky sunroof by welding it shut! This isn't going to be a clean rig so I'm not worried about staying period correct or anything. Just wasn't a fun different car to drive, maybe turn a few heads.
    Thanks, Aaron
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by jawhip; 09-22-2013, 01:33 PM.

Some pics
    Attached Files

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

So is that a sway bar that disappears into the body by the upper control arm? It looks like it's going to get in the way of wide wheels. I've been reading posts trying to figure out how i want to make it low. Probably cut the such springs and replace socks due to budget. would love to do air but that would defeat the purpose of this being a cheap car. Would love some feedback.
      thanks, Aaron

Comment

If this is going to be your intro to a world of stance, you will regret not making it clean :p...but yea for that type even the w140 (91-99) S classes, you have to cut spring essentially or go with bags to achieve the low. Your lucky mercedes has tightly wound springs, because you can cut them since they have the same diameter across the whole range. You'd basically be well off because they'll stay in place very unlikely for them to pop out. My 2 cents though its an old school diesel, fix her up nice. Welcome

Comment

Thanks. I'm going to do what i can but I'm not finding much original stuff for the interior. Or rather i don't want to pay top dollar for restoration quality stuff. Probably going to cop some cheap aftermarket front seats.

Comment

Cool cool

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
            Originally posted by Oxer
            You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
            Originally posted by Average_Jerk
            Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Working...
            X