Beginner from NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner from NZ

Hey I'm new to the whole forum thing so thought I'd try it out.
    I have held an account on stanceworks for a while but that was so I could subcribe to build threads. Never really knew how to use forums (I'm not much of a computer person).

Anyway no point babbling on
    I'm Sam and live in Auckland, New Zealand. Just like everyone else I am car mad! Have had a few cars now so will try to tell my story.

First car was a P10 Primera which I neglected so badly, after a year and a half and around 25,000kms it blew the bottom end bearing on me and instead of fixing it I went and got this...

Nothing special but at 16years old it was a handful. held onto that for 2 years or so and then bought this

soon the cost of running two vehicles hit me so I sold the subaru. New owner crashed and wrote it off within a month. I was pretty gutted I loved that car even though it was standard. Then my girlfriend at the time won a van. Yes, won! so we cruised in that until the WOF ran out and passed it on.

The Van:

After the Van was sold I started looking for wheels for the truck. Got a set of these Lenso's in 18x9 and saw my first tyre stretch. Wasn't much, 225/40 on a 9, but nobody had really told me about tyre stretch at this stage.

it sat pretty high up so I got the leaves reset in the rear with 2 inch blocks and wound the front torsion bars right down! It was hideously bumpy to ride in but I loved it. Even though it wasn't super low it only had about 5mm of travel. Did a 1000km road trip over new years.

Lenso's fitted

ride height sorted

then after a winter down at the snow I decided I needed another Subaru. Sold the truck and got another Legacy, this time a wagon.

owned this for all of three weeks before it was stolen.. so that was pretty shit. Even better I was so smart that I didn't get insurance right away. Had never been that stupid before and never again will I get a car without getting insurance too.

2 weeks later when the cops found it I picked it up with no wheels, suspension, radiator, battery, rear windows stereo, and many other parts. Figured it was cheaper to fix than buy a new car so bought a dereg'd wagon and swapped everything over.

got it all fixed and standard and drove for a year and a bit like that. went to the snow.

then this popped up on trade me (NZ's version of eBay)

so then I had two cars again. This time I'm keeping both until something else I like pops up.

Jetta is a 1990 mk2 1.8carb 3spd auto. Just enjoying it for now. A friend and I drove it from Wellington to Auckland (700km) sitting about 55mm off the ground.

Home Sweet Home

At this point thought I was happy with one low car and one standard. Then we did the same new years road trip again and while stopping for food I saw this

So I did this

and got this

so now I'm driving one low and one slightly low car.

Sorry for rambling on and all the photo's
    Hopefully legacy will get some wheels if I can find the money.

Thanks for looking

Here's some more photo's from the last couple of weeks.
    Sorry they're all iPhone photo's I don't own a DSLR

new ride height...

I wish haha

and the Jetta

Comment

both cars look great, sucks about what happened to the wagon but glad you got it back and together again

welcome to StanceWorks
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Welcome, nice story

Luv' both rides, I'm glad that they found the Legacy back and that you've put in WORK again!
        Keep it and mod it along the way. Just my 2 cents

After seeing an episode about NZ on MCM, I keep on smiling ever since about NZ and there automotive scene.

Comment

Thanks guys!

So today I went and did this

They are 18x9 15P and stick out heaps! but at the price they are I couldn't not buy them. I know some won't like but I think it will look cool. Is it worth making a build thread? Not really much of a build, just a lot of pulling and guard rolling.

Offset is way too low for a subaru but as I said, super cheap.

Comment

the jetta is sick

PEUGEOT... Drive Sexy!!!

Comment

Nice cars and truck

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
              Originally posted by Oxer
              You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
              Originally posted by Average_Jerk
              Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Haha nice Jetta cuz, how do you not get pink stickered for being that low?

Comment

Originally posted by Mahamana View Post
                  Haha nice Jetta cuz, how do you not get pink stickered for being that low?
                  It really doesn't look very low from the back. Have almost 95mm clearance, but I will sort that out soon

But it is certed at this height (obviously on larger wheel diameter)

Comment

Loving the MkII and the Scooby. I have a soft spot for both

...and its April. NEED PICS OF THE NEW SETUP ON THE WAGON

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
                      Loving the MkII and the Scooby. I have a soft spot for both

...and its April. NEED PICS OF THE NEW SETUP ON THE WAGON
                      I got into trouble at work so have been saving no money. But wagon might be going as I want to upgrade to a 3.0 six speed legacy sedan and then just play with the jetta

Comment

I think saw you at sylvia park in the jetta. I was driving the grey commodore in front of you. Jetta looks on point! almost snapped my neck when i saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by skidkid View Post
                          I think saw you at sylvia park in the jetta. I was driving the grey commodore in front of you. Jetta looks on point! almost snapped my neck when i saw it.
                          Ah no way! Yeah I saw that haha my little brother likes your wheels with the poke! Wait until after my wof I'll prob be going lower

Comment

welcome. amazing story man! Sucks to hear about the stolen wagon part. But hey, you got it back together and it looks pretty good now.

Jetta looks cool too, but 3 spd auto is just... well, thats just cruise-only

keep it up!
                            Lucas
                            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                            Originally posted by LCG
                            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                            X