Hi guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys

hi guys...just joined up here looking to reply to an add.
    I have an 85 VW Doka with a Subaru EZ30R motor and a Link G4 Extreme ECU.

recaro seats and hand built upper grill. it's on factory lower springs...but I have some H&R's I need to install.

I just bought a set of Cromodora wheels from a seller here, but from his Vortex listing. looking to get 2" lips (35 hole OZ lips) for the rear wheels.

anyway. howdy all.

this thing is boss, can't wait to see the new wheels.
    Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Oh this has the potential to get ridiculous. And I, for one, cannot wait.

Welcome to StanceWorks!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

lol...thanks

this is what it looked like with BBS RF's (pic is too big so I linked it.)

the RF's have come off for polishing the spokes and lips...and wider lips on the back. they will end up 17x8/9...they are looking like this now...

I have the bolts and wheel glue I just need a torque wrench.
        I want to make custom low profile center caps like what you see there...that is just stuck on with tape.

rims on there now are these....on the drill press for polishing lips

watch your knuckels ! ouch !
        yes I did stick my hands in there with sandpaper

and done with paint and custom made center cap.
        not too bad but not as great as I wish. I got them for winter tires mostly.

we all like wheel pics right ? heh...these were junkyars specials. 17x7.5

the Cromodoras need a refinish and probably rear lips before they go on...so that won't be happening any time soon.

I have these BBS Avantgards to put on next...after they get painted sorta like this

hmmm maybe I should have registerd at Wheel Whores...
        I'm gonna roll these for a while next.

I bought this little crane/hoist setup from a guy this winter...his Doka was the same color as mine.
        looking forward to getting it set up this spring/summer. I need to modify it a little so mounting it won't damage my Doka.
        yes, the hoist will slide from side to side and clamp in place...sweet !

Comment

fuck yeah, this could awesome

ps those avantgardes look strange to me, like if a piece was cut off

i only know these

subbed
          Last edited by P78; 02-20-2013, 02:45 AM.
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

it's masking tape. I plan on painting the face kinda bronze, but I'm gonna mask off a bit on each spoke so they have a twist look. and the twist will be mirrored. I don't like when a twist wheel is only done in one direction, they need to be right/left handed ya know ?

here's the same wheel with slightly different tape job.

just playing with possible paint schemes
            Last edited by Crankey; 02-20-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Looks nice. Post more pics!

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
              Originally posted by Oxer
              You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
              Originally posted by Average_Jerk
              Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

thanks...I don't have alot more pics. this is my daily driver so when I work on it...it happens in chunks that can be done before I gotta drive again like over the weekend.
                I do custom metalwork for a living so after worek, I don't always feel like getting dirty and crawling around under the car.

the engine swap happen over a 4 day period...here's a friend of mine who was helping me install it...and the engine is in there too. it's sitting lind of low. I want to adjust it up about 2"

and the top down view

it's still a work in progress...I need to build a proper air intake and tidy up the wireing.

Comment

Working...
                X