Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not a golf?

Sh*t.

I had this stupid huge intro post written up.. ..then I let it idle. It logged me out. Round two!!

*drum roll* 2011 Volkswagen Elantra Golf Touring.

..okay, it was designed by one of the designers of the newer generation Golfs (Korea being soo original and all that jazz) BUT! I has tehh VW fitment going for it.

Current molestifications:
    19" Hyundai Genesis GT rims refinished in purple chameleon (19x8 front, 19x9 rear)
    215/35ZR19's stretched onto (225/45ZR19 factory rear size)
    K-Sport complete coil-overs
    bunch of stickers (+78.9 HP)

SO, hello. This is my Hyundai. It does Hyundai things. Like impersonate Golfs.

Last edited by itsnotagolf; 08-10-2012, 12:04 AM.

I'll be honest, I'm not crazy about the two tone but the car does look nice. Got any full shots that aren't behind the fence?

Comment

Oh.. Right. It's actually a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS Sport.

I named the car "Rub n' Tug". Even with camber plates set healthy into the negative camber department, it rubbed like a dog with worms on the carpet. So I phone booked the hell out of the front fenders and trimmed the inner fender shielding. Rear fender fitment is untouched, natural camber of the independant rear suspension clears fender and inner fender liner without rubbing even when compressed.

Comment

@ Nick: it was my buddy with his camera for an impromptu shoot as the suspension was just installed this past Friday. I'll have better pictures soon.

(Edit: the two tone looks like crap. I was experimenting with the car, turns out not all my ideas are the greatest.. lol. I'm thinking up something better to do with it soon)

Comment

I honestly like this a lot better than MKVI Golf's.

Comment

Not bad.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
            Originally posted by Oxer
            You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
            Originally posted by Average_Jerk
            Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Updateeee

Moar pics, new colour.

Tried something different. Ultra-flat camo green. Clever masking using original under-colour to create pinstriping. Its an improvement, but Im not sure about it?

And thanks for the welcome.

Comment

I like the car, but I think one color (camo) would looks so much better

progress IS a slow process

Comment

LOL @ does hyundai things

Comment

Working...
                  X