Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey kids! (A box of half assed goodies!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey kids! (A box of half assed goodies!)

My name is Kenji, from Talladaddy, FL, and I like creating things.

I've been creepin about the forums for quite some time, for bits of inspiration here and there. This site in particular has always fascinated me with the amount of acceptance there is for the "anything goes" type attitude.

Anyways, I'm a big fan of oddities and making what you can out of something different. I've had a slew of ratty ass cars in my time and here's a few.

The main car I really started with was this S13 but it wasn't entirely my style.

(Didn't put too much effort in to aesthetics.....)

I eventually traded the S13 for a 2nd owner E28 that was immaculate.
    (Then I obviously came across good ol' Rusty)

At this point I wanted to build up my own car, not just something else that everyone else seems to be running. (I also didn't want to hack up a good E28, I'd rather start with a rougher one)

Somewhere in the middle of all this I had this Jetta too. I can't remember how it came into play, but it's kind of irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Here's the part where I crafted an idea in my head and could never quite seem to get that to match with what I had available.

1. Wagon
    2. Fast as or hopefully faster than my SR20DET swapped S13
    3. Around 2000lbs
    4. Manual
    5. Rear wheel drive

So I got a E30 4 door sedan and figured it'd have enough space and I was planning to boost it and set it up like a rally car, but it fell through as I thought about how I still wanted a wagon and acquiring a running SR swapped S14 for $2500 didn't help much either.

Sold S14 later for a bit of gwap.

But I ditched that as well once I decided to get a Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon.
    (This should have been my first car I ever owned)
    I decided I was going to build a sleeper out of this. Plan being, 16v head, bigger turbo, T5 transmission, custom coils, was really considering sawblades for wheels.
    What I did do, was ghetto $5 exhaust, IPD swaybars, and a Blitz boost controller.
    Money wise, it was too much, I could build something on the side. (Although I did keep this car for another year and a half)

Never quite did that

Picked up a gnarly 5 speed MX73 Cressida, again going for the 4 door thinking I'd be content without a wagon. I thought it'd be awesome to do a 1uz swap seeing that it already had the w58 transmission in it and a chassis/drivetrain that would hold up.

Then I got a mass text forwarded from a friend about an old corolla for sale. It was an 1981 TE72 with a wonky auto in it for $1000. Passed at first because I just got the Cressida. 3 weeks later the dood calls me back offering to sell for $600 and I picked up that day and towed it with the Volvo.
    Here's how it was when I got it.

Inside was pretty tattered, also didn't realize the car was actually yellow until after I got it home.

Cressida was sold off, Volvo became DD, and the Corolla was put to a build of total apathy.

After a solid month of work in the summer it got to here.

If I'm not too much of a bum, I'll have a build thread up soon!

Jason says, "Welcome to Stanceworks" ......... ... looks like you coulda built a couple really sick cars by now ... :

Comment

hahah yeah, there was a lot more postponing than I meant to do, but the Corolla is the one I've finally been able to commit to 100%

Comment

fendi wrapped seat should be saved. The royal crown shift boot should go. welcome.

build thread?

Comment

Yeah I don't have that car anymore and I had picked it up as someones ditched project car. Haha until you mentioned it I never knew what the logo was on that seat, regardless it's long gone now.

Comment

I manged to keep Nardi wheel and shift knob for the corolla though.

Comment

Originally posted by indy510 View Post
              Jason says, "Welcome to StanceWorks"

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
              Originally posted by Oxer
              You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
              Originally posted by Average_Jerk
              Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Working...
              X