No announcement yet.

haiii dere from the great white north.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haiii dere from the great white north.

Haiiiii from Canada, eh?

Thought I'd formally introduce myself after a prolonged period of lurking...

Here's my '09 GTI. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Bought her back in June '09 brand new. Here was the first shoot I had. All stock except for a replica front lip

Shortly after, I got coils and wheels. At the time I had no idea what offset and widths were..sigh. live and let learn I guess?

After 1 summer, I sold the wheels and drove on the stock wheels for an entire season trying to figure out what wheels to get. Along the way, I got my lowers painted, an R32 rear, euro LEDs and some other small tid bits.

I soon realized that it was nearly impossible to get the fitment I wanted, drive low and keep my fenders. The only solution was to turn to the dark side...I posted up some a feeler for my coils and next thing I knew I was ordering air ride parts. Fast forward a few months and here's what's waiting to go in the car..

If anyone's curious the air setup is

- Airlift Slam's in the front
    - Accuair e-Level management
    - Dual 444c's
    - Bagyard classic rears
    - etc.

Just got the car ready for the wiring today and should be moving the trunk into the car by the end of the week. Being busy with work is really slowing down my build. The aim is for the car to be in the shop in two weeks to do the suspension swap and e-Level ride height sensor installs

As for wheels, I decided to save up and get the wheels I've always wanted. A few msgs to a friend and a deposit sent, VR Wheels soon began building my wheels. After a long month, I finally picked them up today

Will keep them under wraps until they're on the car. So since everyone loves teasers..

And the customary "find an object and compare it to the lip size" picture

For shits and giggles, I mounted the wheels to get an idea of what it'd look like...even though the car is in the air and still on stock suspension LOL

Comparison with the old wheels for fun

Will update..if I remember. Thanks for reading

sensational thread, always liked the 2 door gti's!
    1995 BMW e36 328i M-Sport =
    "The Ultimate Maintenance Machine"

Comment

sweet man, u got the color i wanted
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

No. We don't love teasers but since you posted in the intro section, that's fine.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
        Originally posted by Oxer
        You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
        Originally posted by Average_Jerk
        Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Working...
        X