Long Island Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Island Noob

Hi I'm Erick. I'm not a noob to cars but a noob to the stance world. I always loved cars & always couldn't wait to drive. here's a brief history of the cars I've owned & plan for the future. Any advice is gladly welcomed.

1989 Nissan 240sx(stock)

Was my 1st car @ 16.. for 700$. My plan was to convert it to a 180SX with VG30DETT heart transplant. Unfortunately being 16 with minimum wage funds + not the proper tools, I decided that it was best to part out the 240 & let my brother sell his Z32 as a whole.. biggest mistake of my car career

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 1G (Semi Built)
    Then I fell in love with DSM's so I bought my 1st 1g

Had 264/264 cams
    big 16g Turbo
    Unnecessary 4" Exhaust
    Manly rods(owner's saying)
    Wiseco pistons(owner's saying)
    NGK 7 Plugs
    & other unknown mods
    2 weeks of owner ship the turbo blew
    I replaced the turbo & then the oil return gasket went
    oil consumption was the death of me & caused me to sell

2001 Nissan Maxima (stock)

So I got out the car world for a little & decided to go the daily clean route( I wished I stucked to this idea)
    So after about a month of owner ship I decided to do a 02-03 front conversion & get bc coilovers. After completing the front conversion I decided to look at DSM Classifieds for fun which I found a unmolested but needed some exterior work. So I traded the max for yet another 1g 2nd biggest mistake of my life

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 1G(Stock)

So I was pretty familiar with 4G63 motors & knew I needed to tend to the engine before anything. It had maintenance records so I thought I was in the safe side for a bit. 1 day after owner ship, I encountered starting problems as well as a blown stock turbo -___-. Next week I replaced the turbo as well as plugs, wires, battery & all the little maintenance. Had starting problems again so I figured I need to change the headgasket. The following week on my way to work I had clutch noises, my DSM mechanic noted I needed a new clutch so I ordered a new clutch the following morning my motor died left me with a 100$ towing bill for 5 miles away from home ughhh -____- being fed up I decided to get out the DSM world for a while & sell it to a friend of mine & the next day he replaced the MAF & it started up fine

1994 or 1995 MK3 VR6 Jetta(stock)
    I didn't really care for this car cause I just needed a cheap daily till I moved back onto something new. After a week of ownership I got laid off. So off went the jetta on BBS Pinnifarina wheels it went (sorry no pics)

1998 MK3 2.0 Golf (stock)

So this is present day & still being unemployed -___- at the age of 19 I thought this would be a perfect daily & reliable car. My plans for it would to tend the the motor get it running mint then restore suspension ( bushings, control arms, coilovers & rear disc conversion)
    interior maybe MK2 Recaros & new headliner. As for wheels i'm stuck with 4 lug options so I might go with Borbet Type C's or Type A's or get Keskin KT1's when i'm financially stable.

your wheel plans for the Golf seem on point, to bad you had to get rid of the Nissans

Comment

Looking forward to the mods on the Golf

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
      Originally posted by Oxer
      You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
      Originally posted by Average_Jerk
      Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Working...
      X