new from minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new from minnesota

hey im from minnesota, kind of around the minneapolis area i live a bit out in the country but I go to school in minneapolis.

Anyway I have a 98 Eclipse GSX
    I've 19 and have been into DSM's since I was 16, well technically like 13 when my brother got his first one and I was always out helping him with stuff that I didn't even know what we were doing like holding wrenches/helping him lift stuff.

He always had a very beautiful 97 Talon TSi AWD but he had an issue with an aftermarket control arm that caused him to total it and then had a 91 eclipse gsx that he built and raced until a couple years ago he had a kid and sold it and has a stock evo now.

Anyway naturally I looked all over when I got my first car cause I wanted one, I found a 93 talon tsi fwd I bought when I was 16 but i didn't like the FWD so I sold it a year later for a lot more than i bought it for and got my 98 GSX for an amazing deal through my brother's friend.

When I got it, it had a few mods but mostly stock.
    Now 2 years, I've done what I could do making the little a college/high-school student can.
    Current mods: BR 20g Real Mitsubishi Turbo, Punishment racing 3" downpipe, 3" custom catback exhaust /w dual-tipped 3" magnaflow muffler to appear stock, 1050cc fic injectors, dsmlink v3, greddy dual-stage boost controller, walbro 255lph fuel pump, tial 38mm wastegate, punishment racing o2 housing, act2100 clutch, trans rebuilt by my brother with improved 1-2 shift fork and dual-synchro 2nd/3rd gear. 4spider diff as well.

On the tune its pretty much always on it made 342whp which I ran 12.5@110mph on. On E85 it made 433whp when we couldn't push the 16g anymore.

Anyway my goal for the car was always 300whp and to run 12's.
    Now that I did that this year, I want to turn to making the car look good.

I'm at work bored posting right now so when I get home I'll throw up some pictures of it.

As it sits it is on mostly stock suspension, which all could used replaced, my springs are rusty and old, rear shocks are leaky, etc - in honesty I think the whole suspension could use re-done so thats my plan by summer. I'm not a fan of the overly weird angling of the wheels but I would like to have an adjustable suspension where I can have a beautiful stance when I want or raise it back up for trips/winter driving.

This is the look I'm going for

Aside from that I'm also looking to just refresh the look of the car in general a bit.
    I'm going to have the stock wing repainted since it has some chips on it and I already found a new bumper for it since mine has two cracks, bonus points because it's the same color and in perfect shape!! Picking it up this weekend to install

Aside from that, I also have a little 08 ninja 250 that is my summer DD, i know it aint much but for me at 120lbs it gets and goes enough for me since I really don't fancy killing myself on 2 wheels lol.

pics of the GSeX when i get home!!

More pics!

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

sweet looking mitsu and welcome
      Static:Society

*K04 on Board*

Comment

pics of the GSX?

Comment

Originally posted by jasonklee View Post
          More pics!

Welcome to StanceWorks
          +1
          Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress