First day of a long process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of a long process

Today my late Christmas present arrived. After searching for about 3 months for my next car I stumbled upon this piece of work. Its a 1981 bmw 528i. It is a a sort of rough shape. I'll start with whats wrong. Clutch slave is dead, floors need to be replaced, lots and lots of body work, and just piecing back together the entire car. The good leather and door panels are in mint condition, no tears, cracks, and wood is still perfect, new exhaust, radiator, and battery. I will just leave two little pictures until i go back out today and take some more. Thanks for your time.
    2012-02-01_10.29.22

day 1

Nice! Looks like you have some fun work to do! Paint? It looks like it used to be a nice off-white. I really want to own an E12 at some point in my life
    www.personal.psu.edu/rbc5047

Comment

yeaa paint is going still being decided and the rims are as well, the reason i bought this is because you really don't see e12s but a lot of e28s. I love them both but i had to snatch this one up. Its definitely going to be a lot of work. I just ordered a new clutch slave today and pans so by the weekend I'll post up pictures more of the interior and the progress.

Comment

E12 FTW, looking forward to seeing this!

Welcome to SW!

Comment

Can't wait to see it done.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
          Originally posted by Oxer
          You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
          Originally posted by Average_Jerk
          Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

thanks , and today picking up the clutch slave, and sheet metal. Hopefully will be finishing both and will go low this weekend if i have the time, and if not then early next week. Pictures will follow

Comment

this could be good

in for more
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Soooo had to replace the radiator , battery and starter today. Then starting fluid and we got this...

Sorry i tried doing the video code and didnt work. I am doing fuel lines tmrw my clutch slave will be in as well and ill hopefully have a video of it running and the exhaust clip or something. Thanks for the time.

Comment

Exciting to see how this goes.
                  Welcome to StanceWorks.
                  Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
                  Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

its deadddddd , frame is garbage so now parting it out . just more money for my mk3 i guess. heartbroken

Comment

Working...
                    X