Idaho intro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho intro!

I figured it would be about time to intro myself here, and I apologize for the long winded intro. I hail from just outside of Boise, Idaho. Cars have been a passion of mine for quite a few years. I don't discriminate on what or who anymore, because everyone has their tastes. I never used to be a stance kind of person, always performance oriented. But, the progression of the scene in the recent years turned me on to a lot of style and individuality ques.

My first "sports" car was a 1992 SVX. Fell in love with that car so much that in my short 27 years on this planet I've owned 3. Still would like to have another one at some point. My other cars in the list include a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege which hasn't seen the asphalt since Christmas of 2010 thanks to a blown motor and no funds to get it back on the road. In the days preceding the demise of the motor, I purchased my 3rd SVX, and quickly gave that back to the dealership I bought it from. 11 days after signing the papers, I was headed back to work out of state and the transmission blew up. Having the money at the time to afford the nice things in life, I went for a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT. Shortly after the acquiring the car I lost my awesome job and was forced to give it back. So this leads me to now.

For the past 4 months, I have been driving this car I currently own and drive, happily every day.

A 2000 Mazda Miata came up for sale near me, and I dove right in and bought it. I must admit, I never fully appreciated the slammed look until I drove it. I get it now. There are a few problems with the car, most of which have been addressed. Still need to fix the roll n pull on the fenders, but the gremlin cooling issues are now gone, and the car is bloody reliable.

Some of you may recognize the car, and it's gone through it's changes. Forgive the photodump. Some may agree with the route the car has taken, others may **** it. In conclusion, I don't care. I'm the one driving it, and I'm the one that is going to make it mine.

Here ya go!

And yes, that is a sticker of Don Vito on the back bumper.

Comment

Clean, but not as clean as Fabel lol learn the name and do a search.

Comment

Nice Miata.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
        Originally posted by Oxer
        You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
        Originally posted by Average_Jerk
        Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

I did the search, and I'm a fan!!

Comment

lol glad you liked it, cant wait to see what you do next. Welcome to S/W

Comment

Thanks, It's going to be a lot of fixing. Through the course of the previous owners, they used spray "pain" on the interior. So all of the tan pieces have black rattle can paint chipping off of them. The fenders need to get replaced/fixed because they are munched up from whoever did the roll and pull. The paint needs help and the carpets need to be died properly. Again, previous owner used cheap carpet dye, so I have a random mixture of S2000 inspired red interior and tan. Didn't bother to raise the top when they did it, so I have a distinct red to tan line of dye.

I'm a fan of clean style done right, nothing half assed. So it's going to take some time to get done right, lots of little things that add up.

Comment

That really sucks, If you still want a black interior, I would recommend finding a used dash and getting some spray dye from advanced auto. Here is how mine came out. I love it

and before you ask, yes I realize the arm rest has blue on it still, its all fixed now, just in a rush to get somewhere at the time.

Comment

Hey, I don't know but your armrest has some blue on it still. hahaha. Jk.

It's a process, but now with winter approaching, it's hard to get anything done with the weather. That little interior rejuvenation project will wait til spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdaspeed View Post
                    Hey, I don't know but your armrest has some blue on it still. hahaha. Jk.

It's a process, but now with winter approaching, it's hard to get anything done with the weather. That little interior rejuvenation project will wait til spring.
                    Thanks for pointing that out, i knew it looked off.

Either way cant wait to see the build come together. G/L with it

Comment

love it keith

Comment

I love nb's. My friend is fixing to pick one up.

Comment

Love me some miatas! Welcome!

Comment

welcome to StanceWorks
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                            X