'nother damn okie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'nother damn okie

Howdy, I am an east coast transplant to the great midwest plains that we refer to a red dirt country. Been pokin' around for a bit and thought it was time for a proper intro. I wasn't really into the stance scene to begin with, but it has grown on me. So, I decided to work on it with my current ride.
    A little back story first. Been into cars my whole life. I don't remember a time when dad did not have a 'project car'/daily. Beetles, kit cars, triumphs, MGs and Jags are what I grew up with around the farm. My first car was a 77 celica GT liftback, cause it was the closest to a mustang that my parents would allow. I fell in love with that car. I drove it across the country twice. It was the perfect first car. Fast, but not so fast I got in trouble, just fun fast. Here she is just before she died...

I junked her... if I knew then, what I know now, that would have never had happened. She most likely broke the timing chain... So I picked up one of these...

And drove it for a while, till I was T-boned. That ruined the unibody of that car. I had a company car at that time, so I went without a personal car for quite a bit. A few years ago, the celica bug bit me again, so I started looking. Eventually I found, not one, but two. They came as a package deal.

This is how I found her about 4 years ago. I will now go start a build thread otherwise, this will be a really long intro....

Looking forward to the build thread.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Welcome to S|W.

Comment

welcome to StanceWorks

deff need to watch for the build thread
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I love those cars.

Comment

That is eventually what I would like mine to look like. Gonna go with FB bumpers as they are a 1/3 of the cost of the real bumper, before shipping. Next big thing for the car is bodywork. I have some accident damage from the previous owner that I need to figure out how to take care of.

Comment

Working...
            X