UK Aristo owner signing in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Aristo owner signing in

Ahoy hoy, I thought I'd better post up an intro thread and tell you guys a little bit about my Aristo. It's not overly stanced but it's getting there.

I picked up the car back in December 2009 and it was already laden with goodies as was previously a project car of Pro-Lex UK. For me this was a good thing for a change as I've got another project going on so I just wanted something that I could use as a daily driver, the last thing I wanted was another project on my hands.

This is what it looked like originally.

When I bought the car it had the following spec;

Make – Toyota
    Model – Aristo
    Variant – V300 Vertex
    Engine – 2JZ-GTE with VVTi
    Gearbox – 4 Speed Automatic with Tiptronic
    Chassis code – JZS161

Bodywork
    Abflug front bumper
    Abflug carbon rear diffuser
    C-ONE front grill
    C-ONE rear spoiler
    C-ONE rear window spoiler
    Abflug Rear LED lights
    Tinted rear windows
    Toyota door wind deflectors
    Toyota clear side repeaters
    Completely debadged

Suspension
    TEIN Flex coilovers with EDFC
    TOMS 6 link rear suspension links
    TOMS front under body chassis brace
    C-ONE front strut mount

Brakes
    HI-SPEC Monster brake conversion,
    6 pot front callipers and 4 pot rear callipers,
    Grooved 360mm/14” brake discs all round
    Stainless Steel braided brake lines

Wheels
    Axis Hiro 19” alloys,
    Front – 8.5” wide, 245/35 tyres
    Rear – 10.5” wide, 275/30 tyres

Engine
    Custom exhaust from first cat back
    HKS EVC IV
    Large Greddy FMIC and hard pipe kit
    HKS induction kit
    Abflug carbon cold air box with carbon air scoop
    Carbon Spark plug cover
    Carbon Fuse box lid
    Carbon ECU cover

Interior
    Custom air vent 3 Gauge holder, Water temp, Boost and Volt.
    Full black leather, with heated front seats
    Touch screen Climate control/TV/Sat Nav with 6 disc cd player
    JBL amp and speaker system including sub woofer

Since the car has been in my possession there have been very few changes really, I've just been enjoying this wonderful car, though the changes I have made have certainly made a difference to the car.

I've had the roof vinyl wrapped in black which really changed the overall look of the car in my opinion, it's something that really suits the Aristo.

I picked up a nice custom plate for it too and added my favourite decal centre of the windscreen.

I've upped the boost to 1.2bar and had it dyno'd giving me an estimated 420bhp at the flywheel. This was a vast improvement from when I picked up the car as due to binding brakes and lower boost it was originally putting out just 370bhp, so a nice difference there.

Before

After

Then I manage to land a nice magazine feature too in the ill fated Toyota Performance Magazine, centre spread of issue #1 no less.

I've also added an additional gearbox cooler as well to try and help the automatic gearbox cope with the heat.

I've had the centre sections of the exhaust cut out to deepen down the noise and de-restrict it a bit more and release some more ponies. I also have a de-cat ready and waiting to go in too, which should release a few more.

I've dropped the car as far as I can comfortably drop it and still use it as a daily driver, though sadly it will not go up on my drive and I do scrape here there and everywhere, but I like it's current stance.

I've just had the wheels refurbished in black with gold flake and white, which is a bit different but it's now growing on me.

So there it is, the story of my MK2 Aristo so far, it's provided me with 2 years of faultless VIP motoring so far.

There may be a few other things in the pipeline, though I didn't really mean to spend anything on it. Next lot of things to do is get some sideskirts, wire up my water temp gauge, get my brakes rebuilt to get rid of the wobble it's currently got, a little bit of paintwork here and there, some air bags, VIP curtains, new subwoofer....and the list goes on....

Some pictures now with added Junction Produce hanging knot type things in it

And some more images of the wheels and my monster brakes

And a couple more shots

If any of the images don't work then let me know.

Cheers
    PJ

I absolute love some aspects of this car, but others don't flow to me, like the wheels/bumper/spoiler. Yours and lams Aristo's really make me want one though.

Comment

Interesting wheels...not sure if want.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
      Originally posted by Oxer
      You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
      Originally posted by Average_Jerk
      Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Cheers for the welcomes chaps, still unsure about the rims myself, may need to go back to chrome and dishuuu.

Been tempted to de-spoiler to or replace with a lip spoiler.

Since seeing Lam's air setup in the flesh and my daily scraping on my current static drop I'm tempted to go down the air route, as it's a daily driver and it would be nice to drive somewhere without worrying about my route there LOL!

Comment

the wheels are eh.

but i say ditch the spoiler and get the junction produce rear trunk lip and some sides and a rear valence but number looks pretty good.

Welcome!

Comment

Here's a vid I put together from stills taken during the magazine shoot, this was pre-lowering. It looks much better now that there is less air under it.

A collection of stills taken during a photoshoot by Sunny Lau from http://www.forty-forty.com for issue #1 of Toyota Performance Magazine.The pictures were ...

Comment

Very nice.
              '88 323 - K-swapped
              '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

Originally posted by slotoyo View Post
                the wheels are eh.

but i say ditch the spoiler and get the junction produce rear trunk lip and some sides and a rear valence but number looks pretty good.

Welcome!
                +1

id also work on having the bumpers match the car as well

Comment

Working...
                X