Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada eh?

Hey all,

I've been lurking around SW for some time now, gathering ideas for my 1989 325i.

Right now the car is out of commission. I destroyed the M20 in it after driving in a hurricane and through a river on my way home from work a year ago. It's my first car and I'm determined to get it going again as well as making it look good.

Goals
    Money is a bit of an issue. I have one term left to my business degree and then I'm traveling around the world for four months before I head into an MBA program. The first thing to fix is the engine. I'm swapping in an M50 and while I'm at it I might crack open the differential and check for wear, replace a bunch of seals, check the transmission, etc.

Once this is done I'll start saving up for wheels, tires and suspension. The thing about my stance is it's not going to be slammed or nearly as low as most cars on here. The reason is because of the roads around here. I live in Eastern Canada and ours winters last a solid 5 months. It was below 0c last night and only a chilly 7c today. This means that our roads receive a lot of damage from frost and snow plows and all of that shit. So I won't be able to go that low, I'm thinking Blistens + H&R with some DR Steelies. I am also looking to add bolt on fender flares but need to find out how that works out, how much cutting is involved. Again, bolt on, to keep costs down and going for a rough around the edges look (I'll do the clean e30 look when I get a real job ahah)

Despite creeping around the forums for a few months now I know nothing about stance because my spare time was spent reading up on the M50 swap. I need to find out about fitment, spacing, height, etc and start reading up on that.

If you want to take a look at the build thread over on r3V (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=207322) you can. Best to check back in a month when the updates should start rolling in. That page will give you a bit more background on my car and the plans I have.

Cheers,
    Aaron
    Last edited by A_Whelan; 05-09-2011, 09:08 AM.
    1898 E30M50 Build Thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=207322

Snow not a valid excuse

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

Welcome, good luck with the plans, seems like you've got it all down

Comment

seems like ur off on a good start

and many e30 owners here
      so fitment should be a breeze

and welcome
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Looking forward to your progress.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
        Originally posted by Oxer
        You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
        Originally posted by Average_Jerk
        Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

welcome! good looking bimmer, and good luck on the progress!
          11 CTS-V
          03 Lightnng SOLD
          2006 stage3 WRX SOLD
          91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

I'll get a project forum after the M50 is in just for the wheels and suspension. Any E30 owners looking to lend a hand for my stance?
            1898 E30M50 Build Thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=207322

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

e30's always classic

Comment

Working...
                X