Yo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This car is STILL going?

This is that old HDI from about 4 years ago right? Wheels/headlights/roof/bonnet bra/intercooler haven't changed. Is it running better now? Last time I saw it it was pretty fucked. This was back when it was up North, then Joe worked some magic on it and that was the last I heard of it.

I like the lights, I think...?

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      This car is STILL going?

This is that old HDI from about 4 years ago right? Wheels/headlights/roof/bonnet bra/intercooler haven't changed. Is it running better now? Last time I saw it it was pretty fucked. This was back when it was up North, then Joe worked some magic on it and that was the last I heard of it.

I like the lights, I think...?
      Well i brought this off a guy who owned it for a year and was in a bad shape, red dented bonnet, bumpers cracked and paint pealing, door had been repair. I brought it got bumpers repainted, brought a one off smoothed carbon fibre bonnet and bonnet bra, put morrettes fibreglass smoothed grill on it, redid the wheels white changed the suspension and brakes and got the hub replaced as it was fooked. Then on 2nd jan at the london eye the clutch release bearing went so drove home with basically no clutch which was fun. Got that replaced with a new clutch and then took it to bodyshop for it to be completely redone.
      So only original parts of the car you remember is engine, exhaust wheels although there white now, and the boost gauge in vent which will be replaced soon
      Running alright since ive had it touch wood

Comment

Yeah, same with all cars like that - soon as their original owners sell them the cars quality can quickly drop.

Looks like you've bought it back, and better.

ET should be on the back of the wheels though, and it looks like you could easily poke another 10-15mm at the back too on the same size tyre. I would say look at a set of Rotiforms, but the NUEs are coming quite common - still would be one of the only french cars on them. BLQs would look too busy I think and not sure if the sizes would suit.

There is usually a set of compomotive 3 piece wheels for sale in 4x108 around somewhere, could get those? Or I've seen a lot of Enkeis on Yahoo.jp auctions for sale in 4x108 too.

Comment

Been looking at Rotiforms and Image rims, just the price will mean saving for a while :P its like Ł1300 without tyres and the colour/s i want
          Bad thing about torsion bar at the rear is that the n/s rear wheel is pretty much flush with the arch but the o/s is sitting like a inch in. I fort i had a problem with it but apparently all rear beams do sit more to one side!?!?
          The ET isnt printed on the wheels but it does have a code so might ring up compomotive and ask what they are.
          Just if i have poke without air i don't want to ruin the wheel or arch incase i hit a bump at speed, you no what the motorways are like cruising along then suddenly theres a big dip in the road. Driving to Belgium the other month (admittedly had 4 people in the car which i wont do again) it just ruined the wheels, although it didn't take any chunks out it just marked them all the way round

Comment

I know the pain, mine have no paint on the wheel lips either after a trip down the M1.

Borbets are a proven and good call, Mikes old Moonstone HDI looks the dogs on Borbets.

Good thing about the torsion bar is though, when it starts to go you naturally get some rear camber. My 306 and Saxo both had a nice amount lol.

Comment

yer i love borbets but are to common in my eyes, do love the borbets on the green 306 wagon

Comment

interesting ride!
                ClubSandwichMember

Comment

Love love the rear lights. More info on those?

Originally posted by Jersh
                  RT changes lives.

Comment

I actually really like this! Welcome, can't wait to see it around here.
                    '13 Civic
                    4x4 until not poor

Comment

Originally posted by ratmog View Post
                      Love love the rear lights. More info on those?
                      Well basically i got the rear lights removed and welded up. I ordered 200 flat faced 12V L.E.D's and think i ended up using 154ish
                      After a few designs i drew up we got a bit of metal marked up the holes then drilled them out. After that was perfect we lined the template up to the car and drilled out the holes. I then did the long job of linking the L.E.D's together then it was a case of glueing them in the sealing then so water wouldn't get on them and blow them. Very long job, not easy at all but well worth it.

Comment

never seen anything like that, very unique

Comment

Originally posted by EACruise View Post
                          Well basically i got the rear lights removed and welded up. I ordered 200 flat faced 12V L.E.D's and think i ended up using 154ish
                          After a few designs i drew up we got a bit of metal marked up the holes then drilled them out. After that was perfect we lined the template up to the car and drilled out the holes. I then did the long job of linking the L.E.D's together then it was a case of glueing them in the sealing then so water wouldn't get on them and blow them. Very long job, not easy at all but well worth it.
                          Definetly well worth it, too bad it'd look stupid on my mog!

Originally posted by Jersh
                          RT changes lives.

Comment

Working...
                          X