Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello World!

Hi everyone!

My name's Andrew. I'm 18 (Oh great, another teenager lol), and am a sophomore at University of California San Diego (UCSD). I've been in San Diego my whole life! As you can see, I joined this forum a while back and have been lurking around here for a while now, but I decided not to post til now because I'm currently debating on whether to actually put money into my car or just buy another one. Main reasons why I'm debating are because my car overheats, and because my parents are hesitating to let me mod my car despite the fact that I'm going to spend my own money on it. My ride is a 1989 Toyota Celica GTS (ST162) and it's currently bone stock. I really want to stance it since I haven't seen any stanced 4th gen Celica's out there yet, and I love being different... (I've modified pretty much every darn thing I've ever gotten my hands on, for better or worse...0_0 lol) My dad was the original owner of the car, and he daily'd it til it started overheating. Then I begged him to give the car to me rather than donate it, and here I am today with my overheating (first) car.

My current/future plans for my car should I keep it:

Current plans:
    -15x7 White Diamond Racing Wheels Stock Series with 4" Backspacing (0 offset)
    (Am considering other low offset 5x100, 15-16 inch wheels)
    -165/50/15 Federal FD1 Tires for that nice stretch (considering any inexpensive 165/50/15 tires)
    -Custom made coilovers (Since there are absolutely no aftermarket coilovers out there for my car. )
    -Reseal quarter panel window to keep rain water from leaking in. XO
    -Fix the overheating.

Future plans:
    -3sgte Engine swap (Probably a gen2 from an SW20 MR2, but to be honest, any 3sgte would make me happy)
    -FMIC if I go 3sgte.
    - If I don't go with the 3sgte, than maybe an electric conversion since gas prices are skyrocketing... That is if I could find the parts needed for a conversion for cheap enough...

Rough photoshop pics I made several months ago of how I kinda want my car to sit:
    Diamond Racing Wheels: (Currently leaning heavily towards these)

w/ XXR 002's:

How it currently sits: (Iphone 4 camera FTW. lol)

And the closest thing to stanced in my home so far. XD

Comments on my plans, and suggestions would most definitely be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Thaifighter; 03-16-2011, 03:02 AM.

Looking forward to it.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

has potential. Stay away from XXR.

Welcome to StanceWorks
      1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
      2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
      flickr

Comment

Thanks guys!

@kevinc
        I see you don't like fake wheels. lol
        To be honest, I'm leaning (heavily) towards the Diamond Racing Wheels just cause I could get a better size and because they're not "fake". I'm still open to other options though.
        Last edited by Thaifighter; 03-16-2011, 02:42 AM.

Comment

haha just trying to do you a favor. This site has a thing for calling out fake wheels. I think the steelies would probably look better anyway.
          1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
          2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
          flickr

Comment

Originally posted by kevinc View Post
            haha just trying to do you a favor. This site has a thing for calling out fake wheels. I think the steelies would probably look better anyway.
            Thanks. That's kinda why I looked at widened steelies in the first place.
            And I agree about steelies looking better in this particular case since the XXR's would poke too far.

Comment

this will look good stanced, id go for the steelies as well

welcome to StanceWorks
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

steelies are sweet and you can get them in any specs you want wich is nice. only bad thing is they are soooo heavy! we just got some 16x10 Diamonds in the shop and i cant believe how much they weigh, like twice as much as my 17 inch vette wheels
                *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
                blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

Thanks!
                  Personally I don't mind too much about the weight of the wheels at the moment since I don't plan on racing with this car anytime soon. (maybe after I swap the turbo motor and have a lot more money to spend)

Any recommendations for how to drop my car? I'm looking at custom made coilovers on eBay, and those are gonna cost me close to $1200. That price includes camber plates, dual springs, and dampers with an adjustable range of 800N.

Does this sound like a good deal? What other options do I have/ would you guys recommend besides cutting/heating springs since there are no aftermarket coilovers for my car?

Thanks again
                  Last edited by Thaifighter; 03-17-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

looking good i'd go with some steelies too bro.

Comment

Hey guys, im also new to Stanceworks. Just wanted to post up some pics of my setup ran it earlier this year on my 89 Celica pics are below, feel free to contact me about the setup. i have more pics on my other computer as well

Comment

Dude, make your own thread.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

wasnt trying to threadjack whatsoever i figured i'd post pics of a setup similar to what hes looking to do, if i wanted to make my own intro thread i would have.

Comment

HOLY THREAD REVIVAL!!!

Originally posted by 89alltrac View Post
                            wasnt trying to threadjack whatsoever i figured i'd post pics of a setup similar to what hes looking to do, if i wanted to make my own intro thread i would have.
                            Oh hey! I've seen your car on a few Celica forums before! How've you and the '165 been? Nice seeing that you joined here.

Anyways, I've been looking at what other options I have for wheels (As you can see, I take forever to decide what I want. ) , and currently have these rims in my mind:

Enkei 92s (leaning on these at the moment)

White Diamond Racing Wheels (or some type of widened steelie) the original plan:

Random Jeep wheels on craigslist :

What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone know anything about doing hub swaps or hub redrilling? I want to switch from a 5x100 to a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, but I don't want to use spacer adapters because I don't want to have fender flares or excessive negative camber.

Thanks guys!
                            Last edited by Thaifighter; 05-27-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X