long time lurker, first time poster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long time lurker, first time poster.

Well i thought it was about time i posted, been looking about on here for a while, getting loads of inspiration, but never posted as i felt i should really include some pictures of my car, which is never finished

My name's Scott, im from Hamilton, Scotland, which is just south of Glasgow. Always had a thing for old vw's and after going to ultimate dubs a few years back i had to get one. luckily i found a caddy not too far from me, which aside from being pretty solid, was also a sport... these were a limited edition version, i was told approx 200 were made, but thats never been confirmed. anyway, having never really worked on a car before it was a steep learning curve, and i couldnt afford to pay someone to do it, so had to learn as i went. it needed some work, and i got a bit carried away and spend the next 18 months working on it. the end result is this:

by no means finished, the stance is the main focus just now, not much you can really achieve with 14x6's! lol. Pretty sure i'll have it sitting perfectly in the next month or so. new wheels and suspension mods are underway just now.

Anyway, i'll get a build thread up to cover the work thats been done already, and the work thats happening just now.

Great stuff.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Cool ...
      sigpic

Comment

Very nice learning curve.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

good god i think i'm in heaven

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Scott- I have been to Glasgow for a 2 week stint about 12 yrs ago. You have a beautiful country.

Very impressive. Looking forward to the build thread, and welcome to SW!

Comment

lovely caddy, can't wait to see it with the new suspension and the new rims!

Welcome!

flickr

Comment

nice and clean, welcome to the board

Comment

Nice... Real clean

Comment

inverted rear axle?

looks good

but what the hell is wrong with those side mirrors?
                    how come they so immense??
                    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      Scott- I have been to Glasgow for a 2 week stint about 12 yrs ago. You have a beautiful country.

Very impressive. Looking forward to the build thread, and welcome to SW!
                      Scotland is really nice, but you need to get up north to see the real deal! once you get used to the rain, its not so bad

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                      inverted rear axle?

looks good

but what the hell is wrong with those side mirrors?
                      how come they so immense??
                      actually the axle hasnt been flipped yet! thats as low as a caddy can go without flipping, but that is the main suspension change which is underway now, its going lower

as for the mirrors, those are standard caddy mirrors, although i did repaint them. they are massive, and i thought they were pretty cool because of that, but i have new small ones to fit, sitting in my garage just now

Comment

Working...
                      X