Noob from TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob from TX

Hey guys. Im obviously new, working on my daily at the moment; a 2009 Jetta TDI. I just bought some new wheels and have had an air bag kit waiting to be put on. The car is currently pretty low on FK's.

I dont have much time to work (so i can get money for this moneypit) or to work on my car because I'm going to nursing school to be a MedEvac nurse.

Nice. Can't wait to see it with the new wheels.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Welcome ! Rep for tx!

Comment

hola..its been a while lol
        My dub
        My other dub

Comment

haha yes it has.
          I just dont have time anymore for anything since i started school.

Havent even been to any of the meets. the little time i find I try to get some more stuff done, like I fixed and primed the wheels last week. Ive been waiting for a warm day to paint them. lol

Comment

holy shit if ur sig is actual ride height without bags, that is nice! i would be happy with that man, dont put it on bags like every other VW!!!

then again i know bags are nice to have to raise on rough shit

Comment

got any other pictures? slammed vdubs rule
              1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
              2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
              flickr

Comment

The only reason i want to put it on bags is because lately there is a lot of construction around where i live and my long ass commute to school (downtown) and back can get a little rough. Dont get me wrong I dont care that much about bottoming out every other intersection or pissing drivers behind me off when i slow down to a crawl with my hazards on, its just nice to have the ability to avoid that.

enough talk, on to the pictures.

Jetta is mine and the rabbit is a local friend.
                *Edit* these pictures are old, I have a votex lip on the front and raised the rear up a tad bit so it has some rake since these pictures.

Repair work i did on the wheels i got:
                S550 Wheels
                19X8.5et43 fronts
                19X9.5et43 rears

They are just awaiting paint and tires.

and thank you for the welcome guys
                Last edited by mihneagabriel; 12-01-2010, 01:26 AM.

Comment

awesome car man. If I could afford it a MKV jetta would be my pick. I'm never in san antonio often but I frequent Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by staytuned05 View Post
                    holy shit if ur sig is actual ride height without bags, that is nice! i would be happy with that man, dont put it on bags like every other VW!!!
                    ^ agree

Comment

welcome! always glad to have another mkv jetta in the texas scene!
                      025garage

Comment

Originally posted by mihneagabriel View Post
                        haha yes it has.
                        I just dont have time anymore for anything since i started school.

Havent even been to any of the meets. the little time i find I try to get some more stuff done, like I fixed and primed the wheels last week. Ive been waiting for a warm day to paint them. lol
                        I feel ya man. I cant remember the last Thursday night/monthly meet I've been to . lol
                        My dub
                        My other dub

Comment

Originally posted by Geschlecht View Post
                          awesome car man. If I could afford it a MKV jetta would be my pick. I'm never in san antonio often but I frequent Austin.
                          thank you, austin is much nicer than san antonio lol

welcome! always glad to have another mkv jetta in the texas scene!
                          Thank you, some are falling out and other are coming up. I have a feeling as soon as my car is done im going to sell it and get a MKVI GLI whenever they come out. or maybe a MKVI Jetta TDI.

I feel ya man. I cant remember the last Thursday night/monthly meet I've been to . lol
                          Eh ive heard they are really dead now. They tried doing something different and meeting up at different restaurants each week but it was way too early for me and i need to save money for the whip. lol

and btw i painted the wheels today. 3 came out perfect; the 4th, i guess the paint didnt fully dry (had the most damage so needed the most paint coverage) and when i put the clear on it pulled the paint up. As soon as they are all done i will post some pictures for you guys. I had a hard time seeing where the damage was after the paint, after clear they are pretty much perfect.

Comment

very nice clean dub. cant wait to see this with the wheels. and i know all about being broke and havign no time to do anything

Comment

UPDATE: Got the longer bolts in a couple of hours ago. Still waiting on hub centric rings; as soon as those come in i will be getting tires.

Front fitment:

Rear fitment:

Since the rear wheel is so wide, it comes a little close to the fender liner and part of the frame; I dont think its going to affect anything since im gonna throw some 225/35/19 on the 9.5 wheel.

Thanks to SteveO at OpenRoad who helped me choose the right length bolts and recommended a good tire size.

Comment

Working...
                              X