MINI from the Buff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINI from the Buff

Hey I'm Mike From Buffalo, C & C welcome! I'm in need of wider wheels and I'm tired of the lack of them in 4x100. Just mounted up some 205/40/17s for MINI Invasion 2010 in Toronto Ont. and heres a few pics from it.

Packing up

End of the day at the Invasion
    Last edited by m.ball716; 09-13-2010, 10:24 PM.

very nice! I love 205/40's on minis...that's what I run too.

More pics!
    Last edited by Rally; 09-13-2010, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Looks great

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
      Originally posted by Oxer
      You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
      Originally posted by Average_Jerk
      Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Finally another proper MINI joins the forums. Love it.

Welcome to StanceWorks.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

thanks all! I got a bunch of head shakers at the Invasion, apparently Toronto mini owners just like there stickers and union jacks. The cars been a blast .... and scraps and rubs like crazy haha. What do some of you other low mini owners do? I'm thinking about removing the splash shields up front might help, the V-maxxs just dont seem to have the spring rates to be this low.
          Last edited by m.ball716; 09-13-2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by m.ball716 View Post
            thanks all! I got a bunch of head shakers at the Invasion, apparently Toronto mini owners just like there stickers and union jacks. The cars been a blast .... and scraps and rubs like crazy haha. What do some of you other low mini owners do? I'm thinking about removing the splash shields up front might help, the V-maxxs just dont seem to have the spring rates to be this low.
            I completely removed the little flap under the bumper. Haven't scraped since and my car is basically just like yours but a bit lower, same bumper and wheel/tire setup. There are screws or pins to easily remove it.

Vmaxx's are definitely on the soft side for MINI's. Stiffer springs may help.

May want to look into a skidplate too at some point. Right behind the flap under the bumper is a hose for your radiator. It's not held on very well and has been known to catch on debris and lead to your car instantly overheating. On a lowered car, this is obviously more likely.

Comment

nice dude. just dont run 10 inch wide wheels all the way around

Originally posted by Average_Jerk
              no. this thread is for serious discussion only. get that "lol" shit out of here

Comment

looking good. welcome
                Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Looks good, cant wait to see more of this

Welcome to StanceWorks
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                    I completely removed the little flap under the bumper. Haven't scraped since and my car is basically just like yours but a bit lower, same bumper and wheel/tire setup. There are screws or pins to easily remove it.

Vmaxx's are definitely on the soft side for MINI's. Stiffer springs may help.

May want to look into a skidplate too at some point. Right behind the flap under the bumper is a hose for your radiator. It's not held on very well and has been known to catch on debris and lead to your car instantly overheating. On a lowered car, this is obviously more likely.
                    I haven't gotten under there yet to take off that flap, my car does alot of fenderliner rubbing, and I'd really **** to take them out too with all the debris. My mk4 had them removed and I'd always get gravel and shit all over. I relocated that hose up higher, but I'm looking to fab up a skidplate as I'm real familiar with these cars as I'm a auto body tech at a Euro specialized body shop.

I like the ride of my Vmaxxs , but I loved my FK silverlines on my mk4, any suggestions on a mid- range budget?

Thanks for all the good feedback...finally There are so many MINI people I run into that just dont get it haha

Comment

I like the ride of my Vmaxxs , but I loved my FK silverlines on my mk4, any suggestions on a mid- range budget?
                      FK makes mini coilovers too if you're thinking about switching. Otherwise, I'd just stick with vmaxx's.
                      Thanks for all the good feedback...finally There are so many MINI people I run into that just dont get it haha
                      Haha I know exactly what you mean

Comment

Working...
                      X