Toyota Altezza SR20DET Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Altezza SR20DET Daily

Right here how it goes, I wanted a daily driver for the simple things in life, collecting my son and taking the dogs to the beach but big suprise it couldn't be standard so with a few bob and an Austin Mini swapped, I collected a very clean low mileage Toyota Altezza running a Beams engine.

However being friends with one or Ireland's best drifters / fabricators was bound to be a recipe for disaster LoL Thanks to Martin Ffrench I now have a car to be proud of with more to come. Here is my build diary from start to finish.

Last edited by Kruizer; 03-24-2011, 05:32 PM.

Then came a load of parts, some spacers and a bit of wish full thinking...

Comment

?!?!?!?!?1

04' 350z
      89' s13 Coupe - Sold

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
      That would liven things up a bit. I could go for a shooting right now.

Comment

@ Phas3D : What up dude ?

Then came the easy part, fitting the engine and box, you see Martin has already claimed world fame with his crazy builds and had an SR20 Altezza track car so it was simply a case of copying engine and gearbox mounts for my own road car ! Roll the arches now, run a return fuel line as the Altezza's only have a feeder, splicing the fans to the S13 alloy rad and making up brackets for the cooler and rad...

Comment

On went the fab work making everything up to suit the car so as to give all the parts a factory fit appearance, knowing the engine would outshine the look of the car it came time to get some proper wheels under it, so I ripped the wheels off my FD3S for the Tezza and got to work. Hello Racing Harts, 19 x 9JJ up front and 19 x 10JJ at the rear...

Comment

Awesome car, good build

Comment

Thanks SeanDub

Tried on Martin's kit for a look and was sold on the idea so it came time to bring the car to a finish for now...

Comment

Videos?

Comment

@ SeanDub : Waiting till I have her mapped for the video's.

I am a picture whore so time came to fit a few more bits and get plenty of snaps as I was happy out to drive her... Unfortunately I can't fit the Brembo 8pots with the new wheels as the smallest disc they take is a 355 and the biggest disc that will go under the new Works is a 330 but said I would show you what I had planned...

Last edited by Kruizer; 03-21-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

great thread! everything fits really well in the engine bay
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

amazing transformation!; looks good!

Comment

@ Average_Jerk : Thanks mate...

@ HTOWN///M : More to come...

Hello Works

Front : 18 x 11JJ / +10 offset / running a 255 / 35 ZR18
                        Rear : 18 x 13.5JJ / -10 offset / running a 315 / 30 ZR18 (N rated porsche tire)

I just threw on some KP61 over fenders to get an idea of the look, these will not actually be fitted, the new arches are yet to be decided...

Comment

Carrying one as a spare would be funny as the first pic shows and fitting them will be even more fun, check out the older 10JJ rears compared to the new 13.5JJ rears, ouchie.... Slapped them on, threw on an over fender and even the puppy had to have a nose, thats all I have for now folks but as soon as I find over fenders to suit the car, I will get out the angle grinder and start to chop her up, promise LoL

Last edited by Kruizer; 03-24-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Hell Yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X