1974 Porsche 911S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    man the porsche looks like it is teetering on the verge of getting lowered and (please tell me there will be a wing in the future) taking on a whole new attitude.

gonna be impatient watching this come to life
    It is 100% teetering on the verge of getting lowered. I'm actually tempted to bring the front down one night this week with Sammy.
    As for a wing, let's just say I'm toying with the idea of a Carrera 2 decklid with some fun wiring.

I'm impatient waiting for the time and money to do it!
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• This. is. SO. good.
      @BelfastBuilt
      belfastbuilt.wordpress.com

Comment

• Quick little update.

I ordered a relocation battery kit from Rennline and received that some time last week. I deleted all the AC components from the smugglers box and got the smugglers cover and relocation kit installed over the past weekend. I still need to re-route the wiring but that's a job for the future.

Another thing that happened last week was that Jennifer (wife) found a post on Nextdoor with a nice collection of Porsche parts available. The only thing that caught my eye was an original TRE Motorsports Prototype roll bar. Having messaged the OP, I went and picked it up that night.

IMG_0402 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

I got in contact with TRE Motorsports and purchased their mounting hardware kit. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't help myself but bolt up the harness bar. I'll probably remove it until I actually have harnesses and seats sorted but it was nice to see it all complete.

Anyway, this weekend I am going to drill my first holes into the 911. I'm going to go and buy my first power tool since arriving in Los Angeles, I can't believe it has been almost two years since I have had a power tool in my possession. The woes of priorities changing.

I'll grab some real photos soon enough, I'll try and grab some during the install and document it as well as possible so that others can see what it is all about.
        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
        there there.

Comment

• This is my jam. I'm working on a very similar looking SC. One thing I learned the hard way was if you want to go really low you need to have the struts modified. Helps keep the suspension geometry correct, well correct enough.

Comment

• Went to install the prototype roll bar and unfortunately, it is definitely not going to fit. Will be posting it up for sale shortly.

Instead, Sam and I fixed the fuel leak and also brought the front down a good amount. At least now I have fuel sorted again and all I have to do is bring the rear down and get some camber adjustment out back.

IMG_0452 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0453 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr
            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
            there there.

Comment

• <3

trade cars?

Comment

• For the r32? I'd do that in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the love <3
                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post

IMG_0453 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr
                  this is nice... when you lower the rear, whatever you do, dont let go it lower then the front

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                    this is nice... when you lower the rear, whatever you do, dont let go it lower then the front
                    Ahaha trust me, it won't ever have rake like my mk4 or the Subaru had for a good time.
                    I wouldn't mind it having some forward rake for the rest of time to be honest.

I don't think I got any photos of the new Momo Prototipo installed. It's so much nicer that the factory steering wheel!
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                      Ahaha trust me, it won't ever have rake like my mk4 or the Subaru had for a good time.
                      I wouldn't mind it having some forward rake for the rest of time to be honest.

I don't think I got any photos of the new Momo Prototipo installed. It's so much nicer that the factory steering wheel!
                      I think a little forward rake looks better than level or reverse rake.

The car looks great btw

Comment

• Good luck with the car! I love that year

Comment

• For those that are following this, looks like some work is actually finally going to happen.
                          Will post a few photos in the next month. Looking forward to sharing photos of the new work space this car is about to have!
                          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

• That's exciting news, can't wait to see what's in store!

Comment

• Yes, finally!

Comment

• Thats a real gem

Comment

Working...
                                X