X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for this
    Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Hey all sorry for the lack of progress. School and work had me busy, but now there should be weekly updates on the car. First was new undercoating on the front. The fenders were off so i figured it would be a good time. Next was to get the engine bay ready, after seeing Missblue, the estoril e30 Catuned built i liked the idea of bedlining the engine bay. It creates a durable rust proof coat that makes all powdercoated parts really pop.

Comment

This is gonna be goooooooooood. catuned builds never disappoint. Never thought manual windows and no sunroof would be desirable haha. But this car is a great start.
        [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
        [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
        Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

This is bound to be awesome! Can't wait to see it driving

http://www.catuned.com
          sales@catuned.com

Comment

nice build i hope to see it still going !!

Comment

Rad! keen to see something good happen here

Comment

How is this car not done yet lol, gonna have to get Courtney to start nagging you lol
                My '66 C10 Build
                My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                  How is this car not done yet lol, gonna have to get Courtney to start nagging you lol
                  Goal is to finish by April. Have 2 days a week dedicated to this now.

Comment

Kool! Plans for suspension/wheels/colors???
                    -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                    '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                    '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                      Kool! Plans for suspension/wheels/colors???
                      Want to keep the Baltic Blue and going to run Catuned coils and bbk. Have something in the works for wheels and will post about it once they are done.

Comment

Originally posted by 510Frisk View Post
                        Goal is to finish by April. Have 2 days a week dedicated to this now.
                        Nice man, wish I had that kind of time for the 02
                        My '66 C10 Build
                        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

In the lack of updates there has not been a lack of progress. The parts car was brought to the shop, worked out a deal to sell it plus a m30b35 already pulled with wiring and trans. It worked out perfect and saved me a bit of time and i got right to taking it apart. I started with the head, and once that was taken apart and taken to the machine shop I took apart the block. I'm now waiting on the new parts and next week will be the rear subframe, suspension, disk brake conversion, differential etc

Comment

So I'm definitely a bit behind on updating this. First step was getting the head back from the machine shop. Was pressure checked, and then cleaned up as well as resurfaced. After that I moved onto the rear suspension since I was waiting for motor parts. After pulling the subframe and comparing with another e28, I realized mine was different. My car is an early model that came with drum brakes and no sway bar in back. The trailing arms mount lower and farther out, and was missing a couple extra pieces. Instead of reinventing the wheel cutting and welding I made a trip to Pick n Pull.

Comment

Part 2 of this update covers the last couple days. I welded on the camber/toe correction kit, installed poly bushings, and painted the subframe and trailing arms. Also my parts from Bimmerheads arrived, so I can start assembling the head soon. I have the forged rods (sorry no pics) already and am waiting for the pistons. Also picked up a 3:25 lsd today that will be rebuilt and go in with the rest of the parts.

Comment

so sweet!

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X