Daily 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily 82

So, since I bought wheels and they should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have them cleaned up and on by April.

This is my second 135i since April 2013. I bought a 2010 135i Jet Black with black leatherette and steptronic with paddle shifters. This being my only car, I wanted a manual and was dying for some red or terracotta leather seats. Then in late July I came across the 135i I have now.

It's a 2010 135i Alpine White on Coral Red leather with the 6-speed manual transmission and N54 engine. I kept the Rieger diffuser I bought for the black 135i, and put it on. The car already had a carbon fiber trunk spoiler installed, other than that it is stock as can be.

Here is the Black 135i:

A comparison of the two:

Some photos about 10 minutes after purchase:

After a warrantied stop at BMW for new injectors, new spark plugs, oil change, and air filter change they 'shipped' it back to me about 200 miles from Atlanta.

Megan Racing coilovers purchased and awaiting install

My brother was having a shoot done of his first car by a local photographer. He asked me to help out and took a few shots of my car for helping and they came out great!

So, some work happened. My brother let me borrow his 2-post lift to install my coilovers. Here's my car on the lift and his shop.

On the ground checking the ride height. Will go lower once I get the wheels on and fitment figured out.

Got it home and washed it, needed a wash very bad.

Needs some spacers, but have wheels on the way!

Also tried on the CCW's from the red ZR1 that was in the shop and they fit surprisingly well (higher offsets, he is running spacers on the ZR1). I didn't measure the wheels but I believe they are 18x10.5 on the rear, and had 285/35R18 tires on them. I looked underneath at the clearance and I had plenty of clearance between the wheel/tire and shock to go wider. The fronts are 17's, not sure of the width.

This is rolling out of the shop, tucking 285's. I feel this is a pretty big step, these cars have to run high offsets to fit and I don't know of anyone running wider than a 275 even at stock height.

2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Can't wait!

Comment

So these showed up this past weekend.

I'm in the process of finding someone to strip the chrome and then powder the faces. Trying to come up with some ideas on what color to do....hmmm

Comment

Sent you a PM
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Got out and washed the car today, so I decided to take some new pictures.

Oh, and these....

Big thanks to Mike36 for helping me with refinishing these!

Comment

I love these cars, interesting color for the wheel faces. Much better than chrome/polished in my opinion, I think they will look cool. I really want to drive one of these.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

i like it very much,thanks for your sharing

Comment

I like these, kind of like the modern day equivalent to the 2002. In for seeing the new wheels mounted!
                My '88 Golf GTI - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59460

lowered, because it makes the boobies bounce

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                  I love these cars, interesting color for the wheel faces. Much better than chrome/polished in my opinion, I think they will look cool. I really want to drive one of these.
                  I did a test fit when I took the pictures and IMO they look great. I originally wanted to go with a gunmetal color, but I got to thinking I wanted something different but subtle. I was torn between this color, Sunken Treasure, or Bronze Burst Sparkle Metallic but that one was too brown-ey for me.

It's a really fun little car, even in stock form (as it is now, motor/hp wise) it has a lot of power. My brother and I took it for a little joy ride to see how he liked it and I let him push it pretty hard and it surprised him, he really enjoyed it and didn't expect it to be so tight and have the power it does. I think that's a lot coming from him, he has a widebodied, HCI z06 and a c4 ZR1.

Originally posted by Greg|H View Post
                  I like these, kind of like the modern day equivalent to the 2002. In for seeing the new wheels mounted!
                  Thanks man, I can't wait!

Comment

Unedited iPhone shots...

Can't wait for SoWo

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Sweet, now when you're done with those wheels they go to me.
                        E28 & E36
                        @andyitslit

Comment

God, I **** those newer Alabama tags, nothing looks right about it. Get a Barbers tag man.

The car looks great, I'll be looking for it at SoWo in the unloved car parking section.

Comment

What part of AL?

I'm in Auburn.
                            HAI GUISE

Comment

If this isn't at the BMW meet at SoWo I'm gonna be sad. That wheel color is amazing. Great work so far man.
                              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                              2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Working...
                              X