Whitehorse ind - Three piece wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
    Ahaha hey mate, did you speak to someone at Wheel solutions this morning?

Small world being, if that is the case, I was there this morning and overheard the conversation.

In regards to getting the lips machines off etc, it can be done. When a few of us visited Craig at Whitehorse on Saturday, he mentioned there was a place around the corner from him that could do it. I can't remember the name though,

If you give Craig a call at Whitehorse, I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction!
    No sorry haha, i guess he gets quite a fair few questions like mine... Will prbs give him a call some time this week

Comment

• Aha okay!
      IG: @sebastienaudeon
      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
      *pats Sebs head*
      there there.
      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtst View Post

Any places in Vic that would actually spin them on a lathe to remove the lip?

Im 50/50 at the moment on buying the lips next year from Whitehorse industries, but just need to know if its doable other wise, if i cant split them than its a no go
        It can be done, it just means that the old lips go in the bin. Alternatively for roughly a couple hundred more per wheel Whitehorse can make barrels too, so if you ever resell the wheels the next person has options if the widths you build dont fit. Depends on budget. Considering a machine shop will prob charge between 50-100 to machine the lip off, id personally just buy barrels.
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• ^^ Agreed
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

• did you guys end up going down?
            Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Yeah we did!

There's a massive stockpile upstairs you might be interested in going to see Dylan
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

• ah completely forgot.
                yeah iv seen some of it before.
                will have to go look see if there is anything that'll work for any of my current builds or ones im helping with
                Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• any 16x2" bbs rs 36 hole lips seb?
                  www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewn View Post
                    any 16x2" bbs rs 36 hole lips seb?
                    Dont think theres anything less then 3inch haha
                    Originally posted by anth
                    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Yeah, the majority of lips were all above 3", I think there might have been maybe one or two hiding that were less.

As for holes, Craig doesn't drill them, you gotta do that.
                      1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                      there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Winters View Post
                        Did you get an email back from me. I have changed pc's and haven't moved my emails from old computer to the new one
                        hi craig.
                        i thought this thread is dead oh btws i didnt get your email back since july 27th. but i will resend my dimension of my wheel latter this evening .

Comment

• hey craig here are my measurements

hope we can get this sorted out and i sent you an email as well just in case

Comment

• long shot but was there any simmons 17" barrels in the stockpile? 7-7.5"

i know its too late to try and order for 100mm, but i cant measure up 100% until i get the car back anyway

that size would work going by my rough calcs, might as well try my luck if theres something floating around

also doing the ebay and gumtree dance, see what i can find.

Comment

• Originally posted by hakhawk View Post
                              long shot but was there any simmons 17" barrels in the stockpile? 7-7.5"

i know its too late to try and order for 100mm, but i cant measure up 100% until i get the car back anyway

that size would work going by my rough calcs, might as well try my luck if theres something floating around

also doing the ebay and gumtree dance, see what i can find.

What sort of Simmons? FR17?
                              I have 2 - 17 x 4.5" inner barrels for FR17.
                              For all your motorsport wheel needs.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Winters View Post
                                What sort of Simmons? FR17?
                                I have 2 - 17 x 4.5" inner barrels for FR17.
                                le17, i think the barrels are the same, just different amount of holes.

4.5" is too small anyway

i'll just have to wait til after i get the car back, measure the crap out of everything and just get some made

Comment

Working...
                                X