No announcement yet.

Project Kodachrome: '73 Roundie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man, we'll certainly have to set up a photoshoot!

Comment

I'm thinking about getting some 15x7s and 8s from Diamond Racing. Does anyone happen to know what I should be looking at for offsets and tire sizes? I've been researching for a while, but haven't found anyone with perfect fitment that has discussed their specs on any forum. I want a little poke, nothing too crazy...

Comment

My new fake Alpina shift knob came in the mail today. It's an old '02 knob with the leather stripped off and a fake badge slapped on. I over payed for what it is, but at least I don't have to do it myself; I was thinking about putting a merit badge or something in place of the fake badge.

Comment

Saweeeet! Ive always wanted one of these
          Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

These cars are super simple, the challenge for most of us younger guys is it being carb'd which most of us are use to fuel injected stuff. They are a blast though, just have patience because it being old means you'll having to fix stuff for awhile. I've had mine for almost a year but its been down off and on with just random stuff.
            My '66 C10 Build
            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

I like this. I like this very much.

Comment

i hope you'll only clearcoat that patina
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                  These cars are super simple, the challenge for most of us younger guys is it being carb'd which most of us are use to fuel injected stuff. They are a blast though, just have patience because it being old means you'll having to fix stuff for awhile. I've had mine for almost a year but its been down off and on with just random stuff.
                  I've checked out your build a time or two

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                    i hope you'll only clearcoat that patina
                    There's a couple holes in the hood that I would like to get resolved, but other than that I expect the exterior on this to remained unchanged. I hadn't thought of clearing it, but that is an idea... The patina it has really gives it a lot of character and the more that I think about it the more I don't care if I ever see it "restored" to perfection...

Comment

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                      I'm thinking about getting some 15x7s and 8s from Diamond Racing. Does anyone happen to know what I should be looking at for offsets and tire sizes? I've been researching for a while, but haven't found anyone with perfect fitment that has discussed their specs on any forum. I want a little poke, nothing too crazy...
                      The ideal offset with 15X7 is et25. I'm lowered about 2.5". I'm running 15X7 et28 and have about 1.5 mm between the front strut and inside of the wheel up front. The only issue in the rear was that the inner wheel rubbed against the rear brake line, so I zip tied it to the rear subframe. For different fitment ideas, go on the 2002FAQ, and search "stance thread." It's about 30 pages of different suspension setups. Also, look up this guy: http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/02/schwarz-und-weis/. I'm not sure what his name is on here. I think it may be Oz_Tom or something. I believe he is running 15X8. There is another guy on the FAQ with an S14 swapped '02 who experiments with different fitments. His ride is in the stance thread on the FAQ. I know this is a long post, but I hope it helps some. Keep up the work man! I love the shift knob.

Feel free to message me on here or the FAQ (Mitch_M) if you need anything.
                      tumblr
                      flickr
                      instagram

Comment

Dont be scurrred, it won't break.

Comment

Originally posted by mtmorto View Post
                          The ideal offset with 15X7 is et25. I'm lowered about 2.5". I'm running 15X7 et28 and have about 1.5 mm between the front strut and inside of the wheel up front. The only issue in the rear was that the inner wheel rubbed against the rear brake line, so I zip tied it to the rear subframe. For different fitment ideas, go on the 2002FAQ, and search "stance thread." It's about 30 pages of different suspension setups. Also, look up this guy: http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/02/schwarz-und-weis/. I'm not sure what his name is on here. I think it may be Oz_Tom or something. I believe he is running 15X8. There is another guy on the FAQ with an S14 swapped '02 who experiments with different fitments. His ride is in the stance thread on the FAQ. I know this is a long post, but I hope it helps some. Keep up the work man! I love the shift knob.

Feel free to message me on here or the FAQ (Mitch_M) if you need anything.
                          Thanks! Yeah, I've been checking out 2002FAQ quite a bit. I've been through the entire stance thread and there was no definitive answer about the final offset for the two cars you mentioned. Ray Chau's '02 is the second one, good fitment with 15x7 and 8.

I really like the fitment in this video, but I know nothing else about the car.

Shannon's 2002 BMW from Grizzly Pictures on Vimeo.

I was hoping to be able to find the info I want through research, but I guess I need to ask the builders directly... Thanks for the help though!

Comment

wtf is the grill painted blue?
                            Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                            The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                            P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
                              wtf is the grill painted blue?
                              Oxidized black plastic...

Comment

so the SH car's specs are 15x7et25 and 15x8et12

Since I want poke I was thinking 15x7et12 in front and 15x8et0 for the rear if those will fit and I can get those ordered... (Diamond Racing doesn't seem to offer a positive 12 on their 15x7 online...)

That will be the plan unless some cheap 4x100s find their way to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X