Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stancefag View Post
    Glad you like it, thanks

Thanks! Just checked out your white GTI, is it still around?

Naaaaah stripped it... it was toooooo much rust for me.

Comment

like what ya done. The standard tinted lights look better imo tho. These hella's just remind me of horrid lexus style lights.

Comment

any updates ?

Comment

Just read your almost endless timeline, hah you got me interested mate! Your build is really growing on me though, I just bought my first car (2000 volkswagen cabby) so this gives me a lot of inspiration for my vdub.

Comment

I'll get my arches rolled soon, so I can finally fit some 'real' wheels.

Comment

Nice ride! love the wheels! keep it up!

Peugeot 504 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Matt IoW View Post
                like what ya done. The standard tinted lights look better imo tho. These hella's just remind me of horrid lexus style lights.
                Thanks. I'm not a fan of those dark tails. Trying to make an all red set right now.

Originally posted by bdtrss View Post
                I'll get my arches rolled soon, so I can finally fit some 'real' wheels.
                You may fuck yourself.

Originally posted by sirdapper View Post
                Just read your almost endless timeline, hah you got me interested mate! Your build is really growing on me though, I just bought my first car (2000 volkswagen cabby) so this gives me a lot of inspiration for my vdub.
                Wow this means a lot! GL with your build!

Originally posted by Tavinchi View Post
                Nice ride! love the wheels! keep it up!
                Thanks a lot guys!

Originally posted by Nico View Post
                any updates ?
                Well it took quite a while but here we go again... Was busy with work and tried to save a bit.

Okay so I decided to destroy my front bumper...

...because I wanted to shave that space for the license plate. It was too big for my one and littered with holes from the PO. Also the whole bumper had several damages.

Went to the junk yard and scored this beauty for free:

Only used this piece (I trimmed it a bit more later on):

Welded it into the bumper.

^ Then I obviously did some posing with fake lows. Idk what I was thinking

Rolled around like this. At this point I thought it wouldn't get any worse than this, but I was wrong.

Also tried to fix some damage from the PO:

Installed some 'parking light modules' (don't know the right term):

Those make my indicators glow whenever I put my front lights on (I think this is standard on American cars).

Cleaned my interieur as well (it's still bone stock):

Got my fenders pulled. The guy send me these pictures:

(stock)

Turned out that the PO of the red fenders used a SHIT LOAD of bondo when he shaved the side indicators. You can see it in the pic above. Luckily the body shop was able to fix it.

Well I picked it up a few days later

Turned out pretty nice in my eyes.

Did some sanding on the front bumper from time to time. Was busy at work so I couldn't get much done at one day so I had to put the bumper and the grille off and on all the time. In order to preserve the brackets of the grill I took it off for a week... Car looked horrible But I finished welding the bumper:

Had this in the mail the other day:

It's made by Bastuck. Installed it with a mate

So I trashed this:

Then the car finally went into the paint shop...

Picked the car up yesterday like this:

I'm pretty happy with how it came out, considering the reasonable price

They still have this shaved trunk lid I bought off eBay:

(It also has a shortened space for the license plate, so it will fill out the notch completely)

They didn't finished it in time since I need the car on Monday, but they are going to prep and paint it next week. Should make me happy since those rivets in the stock trunk lid are driving me crazy^^

That's all for the moment, lots to come... Thanks for watching!
                '97 Golf Mk3.

Comment

great progress , the car looks great and the new trunk will finish the job
                  https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

good work man inspiring! family emblems i would of left..coming from a guy in USA. I know what the one guy was saying in germany etc they dont rust as bad as they do here. Im from bosnia/serbia and over there mk1-mk4 is a gold mine they always have paint fade but no rust. Crazy.

Comment

That's a nice golf you have there. My friend has a black two door with the same wheels here in the US and I can't wait to see them put on. Suck about the strict rules over their, I thought california sucked but they only really care about the engine. You can drive a rusted bucket ready to split apart as long as it passes the emissions test.

here are some pics of his car for reference and inspiration

@finalbossjosh

Comment

Originally posted by enes_ca View Post
                        great progress , the car looks great and the new trunk will finish the job
                        Originally posted by MarkoE500 View Post
                        good work man inspiring! family emblems i would of left..coming from a guy in USA. I know what the one guy was saying in germany etc they dont rust as bad as they do here. Im from bosnia/serbia and over there mk1-mk4 is a gold mine they always have paint fade but no rust. Crazy.
                        Thanks guys

Originally posted by joshg51 View Post
                        That's a nice golf you have there. My friend has a black two door with the same wheels here in the US and I can't wait to see them put on. Suck about the strict rules over their, I thought california sucked but they only really care about the engine. You can drive a rusted bucket ready to split apart as long as it passes the emissions test.

here are some pics of his car for reference and inspiration

Thanks man, he pulled off those Schmidts very nicely! I hope mine will sit that way shortly.

Soo I got flashed with my front license plate lying behind the windshield. Not good at all.

To prevent happening something like this again, I took some of these suction cups:

You're actually intended to drill holes in your plate to mount them. Well I wasn't interested in ruining my license plate, so I cut the thread of the suction cups a bit, put these white plastic nuts on and attached everything with a ton of JB Weld to the back of the reg plate.

At first I wasn't too sure about this tbh, but it seems like it does the job.

Got some white blinkers with dummies the other day (pic stolen from the eBay ad)

Did this:

50 shades of orange

The blinkers came out exactly how I wanted them but unfortunately the dummies became way too dark So I'm going to do a new set, since that amber look has really grown on me. Trying to get a stock-ish shade the next time (might try to wrap them instead of using spray tint).

Don't have a camera right now so I had to snap all these pics with my phone. Took these after work today when it was about to get dark. Excuse the dirty car

New trunk lid is mounted, re-installed the wiring loom on it as well. Still needs some little adjusting, but otherwise I quite like it. Also got amber taillights to match the front

Still haven't decided if I should shave the Golf emblem on the back or not. I guess I'll keep it for now

I'm really starting to like my car except for height (RAKE) and wheels. Kinda embarrassing on a site called StanceWorks These things will be the next on my list.
                        '97 Golf Mk3.

Comment

Test fitted the monoblocks in the meantime.

Yeah I should put sth underneath the rear wheels the next time

Now I plan to

- get 5mm spacers for the front and put them on (in order to clear the struts)
                          - spin the coils down as much as possible
                          - try my luck at TÜV (German road legality check). And probably again. And again...

I wish I had narrower tires with more stretch, but since this is meant to be a temporary setup only and the 215/40 ones are in very good shape, I won't waste any money for that.
                          '97 Golf Mk3.

Comment

Originally posted by stancefag View Post
                            - get 5mm spacers for the front and put them on (in order to clear the struts)
                            Welp that didn't quite work out. So I'm running these 5mm spacers in the back now and 10mm up front.

Lowered it in the back as much as possible but I'm not satisfied yet Might try to take out the helper springs next.

Random car photobombing

One hub cap doesn't stick anymore so I'll try to fix that and to snap some better exposed pictures on even ground tomorrow
                            '97 Golf Mk3.

Comment

So I changed up my front end a bit, fixed and put the missing hub cap on and took some random shots today.

Rear needs to come down a bit, will take care of that soon. Let me know what you think
                              '97 Golf Mk3.

Comment

What's up S/W, a year has passed after my last update on here. There wasn't too much to share.

Since I still love the look of the Schmidt Modern Lines, but also wanted to upgrade on split rims, I did this:

Also a lot of maintenance and some minor changes (e.g. new tail pipe) happened in the mean time as well.

One day after the pictures above were taken I visited a local meeting - got finished just in time!

Took some brighter pics on my way back home:

Still need to work out some better fitment, but I like it so far. Any thoughts on this?
                                '97 Golf Mk3.

Comment

Working...
                                X