My 1997 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1997 M3

Well, first real build thread I've done so don't be too harsh on me.. Picked up a '97 Techno Violet M3 after selling my 1995 Hellrot M3. Seems like everyone and their mother has an E36 now, anyways onto the build...

Bought it with 116k on the odometer and some simple bolt ons (Dinan CAI and UUC twin canister exhaust). The M3 now has 118k since it's been sitting awhile getting the whole rear suspension/subframe replaced. All polyurethane bushings in the rear now. While that was happening I ordered a set of BroadwayStatic coilovers. Thanks to Peter for all of his help! Have a set of wheels on there way from Germany... Anyway enough talking and onto the terrible iPhone pictures

Here it is the day I got it

Here it is four months later...

Terrible roller my friend took, I think it's kind of cool though...

That's all I have for now, but will keep updating as I go. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Stancyeze; 03-28-2014, 12:24 PM.
    Instagram: @mattragsdale
    '97 M3 build

loving the purple, in for more!
    '82 Volvo 242 build
    '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Originally posted by aprophet13 View Post
      loving the purple, in for more!
      Thanks man!
      '97 M3 build

Comment

So my wheels are being shipped from Germany...

Terrible pictures, but they are the sellers photos so nothing I can do about it. Huge thanks to @angelmisskitty! She sourced these for me and they should be here by the end of April. The guy that owned these previously has had them for the last 10 years... Specs are 17x7.5 5x120 et34. Doing a rebuild on them so stay tuned.
        '97 M3 build

Comment

My 1997 M3

So this happened the other day....

Tried my best to pull it back in

Is this fixable? Or will I need a new fender? Willing to take it somewhere, but where should I take it if that's needed...
          '97 M3 build

Comment

I did that to my fender...... Repeatedly -.- fck.

You may be able to smooth it some with body tools but I'd stay away from any filler and just buy another if you want oem cleanness again. Otherwise your off to a damn good start. :raisesfist:
            theory87.com
            ig: _coreyw

Comment

Originally posted by Korito1887 View Post
              I did that to my fender...... Repeatedly -.- fck.

You may be able to smooth it some with body tools but I'd stay away from any filler and just buy another if you want oem cleanness again. Otherwise your off to a damn good start. :raisesfist:
              Yeah... I was told I could use a C clamp or something of that nature to straighten it as much as possible so I might as well try that before purchasing a new fender.

Was told removing fenders is hard by a co-worker, but it seems pretty easy. I'm going into it having no idea how to replace a fender...
              '97 M3 build

Comment

Hard? What could be hard about it? I would think it's no harder than changing oil.
                theory87.com
                ig: _coreyw

Comment

Taking the fender off or on isn't typically the hard part - it's getting the fender lined up properly that is. To get all of the gaps right can be challenging, and may require a shim or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Korito1887 View Post
                    Hard? What could be hard about it? I would think it's no harder than changing oil.
                    Originally posted by speakerboy View Post
                    Taking the fender off or on isn't typically the hard part - it's getting the fender lined up properly that is. To get all of the gaps right can be challenging, and may require a shim or two.
                    What he said...
                    '97 M3 build

Comment

I would replace the whole fender, it may be a bit of work, but it's worth it. Nice colour by the way, I'm in for more updates.

Comment

If anyone in the Northern Virginia area has any experience with body work, I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out. I'd be willing to travel a little bit for some help as well.
                        '97 M3 build

Comment

UPDATE
                          Yes I know, the car could use a lot more low in the front, but it just got an alignment and I don't want to screw it up. Pictures are by a buddy of mine, Chris.

I'm in need of some rear camber arms. Any suggestions? Heard SPC has a lot of adjustment.

'97 M3 build

Comment

Looks good! I'm in Northern Virginia as well. Funny because I drive a '95 hellrot m3. I bought it down in Raleigh, NC though.

Comment

I see you have met Kitty too=) Your build is definitely headed in the right direction=D
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Working...
                              X