Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Porsche 924 // Improvement on its way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see more. I have a HUGE soft spot in my heart for older Porsche's. Going to try and acquire a 930 (911) or a 964 sometime in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by henry4hsr View Post
      looking good duder! where'd you get the coilovers from? I just traded up to an 85 1/2 and am sourcing parts
      Thanks mate. Go for the HR coilovers. It's worth it.

Originally posted by StanceRasta View Post
      Can't wait to see more. I have a HUGE soft spot in my heart for older Porsche's. Going to try and acquire a 930 (911) or a 964 sometime in the near future.
      Thanks.

Got an e-mail from KAW yesterday, they can't help me out with shorter springs. So I'm gonna
      sell the whole kit and go the more expensive way. No more details for the moment, since I'm not decided who I will work with. It's gonna be either Koni oder HR.
      My 1978 Porsche 924 build thread is quite boring.
      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

STRLW // Photography focused on vehicles

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Finally something new happened with this project. I bought a second hand suspension for a Golf 1 very cheap, since some Americans figured out, they might fit as well. Just for testing if it really works. And it does. So here we are with a -40 mm set up and I just ordered some brand new coilovers with up to -90 mm. It's gonna be seriously slammed quite soon. This how it looks right now

Compared to how it sat before
          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Originally posted by forloveandglory View Post
            Finally something new happened with this project. I bought a second hand suspension for a Golf 1 very cheap, since some Americans figured out, they might fit as well. Just for testing if it really works. And it does. So here we are with a -40 mm set up and I just ordered some brand new coilovers with up to -90 mm. It's gonna be seriously slammed quite soon. This how it looks right now
            I'm glad you found something that'll work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by keeton View Post
              I'm glad you found something that'll work for you.

I'm glad about that too. Hope the new suspension is here before next weekend.

Comment

Looking forward to see how this pans out

Comment

Teaser for this weekend

Comment

mk1 suspension works with these? that's interesting. they're pretty neat little cars.
                    1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
                    1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
                    1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
                    Instagram: @kibur

Comment

Originally posted by kibur View Post
                      mk1 suspension works with these? that's interesting. they're pretty neat little cars.
                      Yes, they do. Didn't believe it myself. So I bought a cheap second hand kit on ebay to test it myself. And it works perfectly. The new coilovers work for cars with a front weight of up to 960 kg, so it's Porsche level without problems.

Comment

ta technix?

HYPETODAY // '89 Mercedes-Benz W124 260E
                        HYPETODAY // DTM MEETS JDM - The #W6666 project

Comment

Cheap JOM stuff until I can get hold of something better.
                          Should work for the beginning.

Comment

This is it!

Ladies and gentlemen,

this day ended the way it was planned and you might like to see the result of a few hours in the workshop. Finally I managed to slam the Tranny and now my struggle to ruin this formerly well engineered sports car is as close to the ground as I always wanted.

The whole suspension is not properly measured and set yet, but the visible progress is clearly visible. After we pushed it out of the workshop for some photos, I had to tape the front bumper on, just for the looks. The rear still needs to be lowered and there's a lot of work left, but I'm gonna fall asleep smiling.

The photos are all just crappy iPhone quality, some better ones are about to come.

This how we started today:

Some moments later:

Comment

Yes! That photo from the front is fantastic to look at.

Comment

Now that is low! Looks ace though

Comment

Working...
                                X