No announcement yet.

68 Mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are the best shots I could get of the brackets (with no jack aside from the lame fty one is hard to get good shots)

The rears

The top of the rear shows the notch in upper bracket to run line to the bag, the line runs up those ventilation holes in the trunk floor straight up into the air management system (no cutting!). These look to be around 2.5"

Rear lower brackets look around 2.5" - this could be made lower however the way my system was set up was to retain close to factory specs so when the air suspension is at it's regular ride height the axle's etc are on the same angle they would be with its standard geometry - if you made these lower you would get a bit more drop, but when at ride height your swing axle would be on a slightly more extreme angle - places a bit more stress on it. It also means when you air up to ride height you will have more air in the bags, which makes a harder/bouncier ride its hard to explain as the psi is higher.

Fronts

Front as very similar to the back - you can see here some guys angle the lower bracket I believe but mine as simply straight - in this photo the car is aired to 90% height - as it settles back to ride height it levels out a bit. Lower bracket looks to be around 3" high

Front uppers are hard see but look to be about 2.5" high

R.SON if you wanna meet up and you have good jacks etc we can get it up and you can have a good look over it
    Last edited by D&W; 11-29-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D&W View Post
      hah nice, yea i figured you would have a very very large turning circle. You will love air.

As far as I know a w108 has never been put onto rockers before so you would be the 1st.

I'm going to pull my bumpstops out or cut them in half in the next week or so too I think

I need to some good jack stands and a jack. Can't do anything with the widow maker jack it comes with haha
      yea man, I cut almost all of my bump stops out already haha.

and on my w108, aside from the exhaust, the rear floors are the next thing to touch the ground in the back before the rockers, so something will have to be done about that

my fathers profession is custom exhaust work, so we have a few cool ideas for keeping the exhaust up and out of the way, yet still quiet haha.

I'll start a thread tomorrow probably of the progress so far since I've bought it!!
      The Governors Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxtrot wagon View Post
        yea man, I cut almost all of my bump stops out already haha.

and on my w108, aside from the exhaust, the rear floors are the next thing to touch the ground in the back before the rockers, so something will have to be done about that

my fathers profession is custom exhaust work, so we have a few cool ideas for keeping the exhaust up and out of the way, yet still quiet haha.

I'll start a thread tomorrow probably of the progress so far since I've bought it!!
        nice. my goal with this car has been very much about not cutting or modifying anything so it can always go back to stock so we are almost on opposite ends of the scale! It's cool to see different ways people mod cars.

My front bumpstops are out completely now and will probly just un bolt the rear altogether or just cut off the lower bulge and leave the upper bit. exhaust is already sitting on the ground aired out so it will only go down so much more.

keep me posted on your thread

Comment

• i was trying to find a car space in a notoriously hard area to find them behind this coffee shop and a nice lady called out from her front yard and said "lovely car, you can park in my driveway if you like" so I scored a private spot and an invitation to park there whenever i wanted. hells yea i didnt know this car would get me parking rights

it was a bitchin looking yard too

Comment

• so jealous of the california weather, I just got back from socal, we're surrounded by snow out here in NH
            The Governors Club.

Comment

• Holy damn this thing has come a long way! The paint looks pristine and damn it looks dope on bags :bow: Good job mate

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBenzE View Post
                Holy damn this thing has come a long way! The paint looks pristine and damn it looks dope on bags :bow: Good job mate
                thanks man! yea I'm glad how it came out, rides real nice and drops nice and low. A few small things to button up on the rest of the car still but that list is a 'revolving' list... the minute you get caught up, something else pop's up and gets added to the list

Keen to get on a cruise with you guys again any coming up?

Comment

• Originally posted by foxtrot wagon View Post
                  so jealous of the california weather, I just got back from socal, we're surrounded by snow out here in NH
                  next time your here come for a cruise!

Comment

thanks man! yea I'm glad how it came out, rides real nice and drops nice and low. A few small things to button up on the rest of the car still but that list is a 'revolving' list... the minute you get caught up, something else pop's up and gets added to the list

Keen to get on a cruise with you guys again any coming up?
                    We dont usually plan on anything, they just kinda happen haha. If you wanna do a cruise/photoshoot we should definitely plan something! Are you gonna go to Autocon on December 10th and line up with the MBJunkies?

Comment

• Man, your 172 Anthracite paint work makes me so jealous. My W126 is also 172 Anthracite, and all Thanksgiving break I've been trying to work it to make it shine again. It had really bad oxidation all over, the car was more white than grey! After hitting it with claybars and tons on Meguiars 105 and 3M rubbing compound, it still doesn't look even half as good as yours!

Nice score with that parking space. Always been a big fan of your car, looks fantastic in 172 and on bags now.
                      Pictars Here.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJay View Post
                        Man, your 172 Anthracite paint work makes me so jealous. My W126 is also 172 Anthracite, and all Thanksgiving break I've been trying to work it to make it shine again. It had really bad oxidation all over, the car was more white than grey! After hitting it with claybars and tons on Meguiars 105 and 3M rubbing compound, it still doesn't look even half as good as yours!

Nice score with that parking space. Always been a big fan of your car, looks fantastic in 172 and on bags now.
                        thanks man. this is my fav benz colour for sure. it was repainted which is why it looks so fresh. keep the elbow grease up on yours!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBenzE View Post
                          We dont usually plan on anything, they just kinda happen haha. If you wanna do a cruise/photoshoot we should definitely plan something! Are you gonna go to Autocon on December 10th and line up with the MBJunkies?
                          Auto con would be awesome, is there a link to get more info? Im in japan till 7th so will need to make sure im free!

Comment

• slammed old benz... love it!!
                            Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Auto con would be awesome, is there a link to get more info? Im in japan till 7th so will need to make sure im free!

There is a discount code for the junkies. Just register as soon as you can

Comment

• oh...my....gawd
                                Static s10 build
                                IG @lilredchevy66
                                Lower it already

Comment

Working...
                                X