Third Bagged Benz. 2001 E320 wagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Bagged Benz. 2001 E320 wagon.

So many of you know I sold my Bagged C43 AMG to a long time friend and forum member (socale320 on here). A lot of you already know this wagon that I picked up to replace the AMG also. The wagon was previously owned by a forum member here. He sold it to a guy that almost sent it to the scrap yard. Fortunately ( for the car) Im choosing to sort all the issues out.

Here it is before I owned it.

And the teaser. I integrated the paddle valves and gauges into the OEM burl wood cubby door. So far Its been a slow build but im finally getting maintenance issues out of the way and the air-ride install has begun. Getting excited

Edit: I now remember why I stopped coming on here so often. SPAM THREADS galor. Jesus what the hell has happened here stanceworks? This used to be a spam free forumn board. sad to see it happening
    Last edited by SD202; 11-28-2015, 01:11 PM.
    C280 Build Thread
    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Glad this thing went to a good home, I was looking at buying it from the forum member on here but he was talking about it being sold and used just for a wedding?

What problems did you run into if you don't mind me asking?

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

I always have mixed feelings about 210s, they're not the prettiest cars, but they're comfortable and great to drive imo. This one is looking great though.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

These cars are already becoming more and more desirable
        Very excited to see where this goes, personally I'm a big fan of these

Comment

Glad to see you're still at it. I've always loved the way these cars looked, especially the wagon. Something about the 4 round headlights and a big booty that makes it look really classy without being overstated.

Would love to see this with a Wald kit.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by Daffy View Post
            Glad this thing went to a good home, I was looking at buying it from the forum member on here but he was talking about it being sold and used just for a wedding?

What problems did you run into if you don't mind me asking?
            Yeah I bought it from the guy who wanted to use it for a wedding a week before his wedding.....He signed the name of the forum board member and forged basically every document, I even joked " im not gonna have to check ID am I" I then ran into a headache trying to take title. Im not here to bad mouth anyone but it was a mess to say the very least..... The rear suspension needed a complete overhaul the rear lower control arms were cut open to fit "custom coilover shocks" but then they didnt weld them back.the reason for the conversion was to delete the factory OEM hydraulic Self leveling suspension that these older Mercedes wagons came equipped with. However to do the conversion properly you are supposed to use sedan lower control arms. I now have retrofitted short Bilsteins from a ford ranger front end. Im going to just go ahead and do a photo dump of all the pics of the things ive fixed so far. they basically speak for themselves. Also the car was mixing oil and coolant because of a bad radiator ( the trans cooler lines run to the radiator on this car it can fail internally and cause the trans oil to get into the coolant) so Ive replaced everything to do with the cooling system. water pump, radiator, thermostat hoses etc. When doing this i found had the wrong coolant was run through it. Also both motor mounts and trans mounts were bad. But i knew this when i test drove it. basically what happened was the forum member here sold it to a questionable guy who drove the car into the ground. racked up toll road tickets in the previous owners name, and then fraudulently pretended to be the previous owner(the forum member here) He signed his name wrote his DL# on the title and bill of sale etc...... I learned a huge lesson about buying used cars off Craigslist. ALWAYS CHECK ID trust no ones story. even if they claim to work at the sheriffs department. Turns out the guy who is a forum member here is the one who really works at the sheriffs office. I was actually able to get into contact with the aforementioned forum member here and eventually everything was resolved. I hope karma comes around and this guys marriage fails, His wife cheats, and his dog dies. anyway whats done is done. and now its on to fixing everything.

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
            I always have mixed feelings about 210s, they're not the prettiest cars, but they're comfortable and great to drive imo. This one is looking great though.
            its is such a plush ride coming from a smaller C-Class benz to the E has been a nice change. They are pretty ugly. A name like Helga or Bertha seems fitting.

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
            These cars are already becoming more and more desirable
            Very excited to see where this goes, personally I'm a big fan of these
            I got a few things coming for 2016. LOL

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
            Glad to see you're still at it. I've always loved the way these cars looked, especially the wagon. Something about the 4 round headlights and a big booty that makes it look really classy without being overstated.

Would love to see this with a Wald kit.
            Thanks man, I too would love to see a wald kit on here, Just finding one is the hardest part! haha Haven't thrown in the towel...... yet. I should be taking more pics of all the work im doing to this thing though. I dont have any pics of the air ride management install. Probably because its nothing fancy, everything hidden away in the spare wheel well.

Here is the said Photo-DUMP these are all I have since I got the car back in june, minus what I have posted to my instagram( most of these are on there) And basically just show the old VS new stuff. this is Not really a "build" thread so far...more like a maintenance thread

Small things i have changed are the red center caps and painted the bumper lights white. Also contemplating running these clinched flares that i got from them during a sale.I grabbed the 4cm + 7cm set that they sell on ebay. Not sure how im going to fit them yet ( or if they will even be fitted to this car) But they quality is pretty decent and theyre ABS plastic not fiberglass!

Last edited by SD202; 11-29-2015, 06:13 PM.
            C280 Build Thread
            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

If I was you I would run the flares but not the whole thing. Cut them so they meet the bumper and the top of the trim piece on the other side.

Props on all the maintenance work so far though, bet that has been pricey for Merc parts!
              Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
              www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskerz View Post
                If I was you I would run the flares but not the whole thing. Cut them so they meet the bumper and the top of the trim piece on the other side.

Props on all the maintenance work so far though, bet that has been pricey for Merc parts!
                Exactly what i was thinking about the flares. they for sure need to be cut to fit. Idk how im going to make them flow yet TBH. Been more concerned with getting her running right and you sir are correct! It has not been cheap! haha it doesnt help that I'm the type of person that wont buy the cheaper alternative part. even if its no different than the OEM brands. I kinda learned that lesson the hard way on my previous Mercs. after having a brand new fan clutch go through a brand new radiator after only 400 miles of use i decided I will always use OEM parts from there on out.
                C280 Build Thread
                C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

+1 on running the flares from the bumper

Comment

Nice! Glad you're updating on here! BTW - the bot/spam thing is crazy on here. Im surprised the mods arent all over that as other forums are quick to shut it down.

Whats w/ the cuts in the lower control arms?

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                      Im not here to bad mouth anyone
                      I hope karma comes around and this guys marriage fails, His wife cheats, and his dog dies. anyway whats done is done. and now its on to fixing everything.

Boy that escalated quickly

In any case, I'm liking where this is going. Flares will be very interesting to see on this wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                        +1 on running the flares from the bumper
                        We will see what happens im still on the fence about them.

Originally posted by TruTaing View Post
                        Nice! Glad you're updating on here! BTW - the bot/spam thing is crazy on here. Im surprised the mods arent all over that as other forums are quick to shut it down.

Whats w/ the cuts in the lower control arms?
                        The spam bots here are outta control these days! l
                        I guess they cut the control arms like that to fit the lower shock eyelet from the "custom fit" FEALs coilovers......That didnt actually fit the control arms at all! Im not sure why but it was causing an awful creaking noise before they were replaced on even the smallest of bumps/dips

Originally posted by Loch Ness Dongster View Post
                        Boy that escalated quickly

In any case, I'm liking where this is going. Flares will be very interesting to see on this wagon.
                        Yeah still undecided on the flares TBH. Not to sure what i want to do with the flares in order to make them flow. gotta measure and mock them up with the wheels installed and not the stocks. was even considering having them molded to the car no rivets? Who knows. I gotta finish installing my air-ride first.
                        C280 Build Thread
                        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

The spam bots here are outta control these days! l
                          I guess they cut the control arms like that to fit the lower shock eyelet from the "custom fit" FEALs coilovers......That didnt actually fit the control arms at all! Im not sure why but it was causing an awful creaking noise before they were replaced on even the smallest of bumps/dips
                          Woah. Thats funky. Glad to see you've got this guy m112 all sorted out. Mine's cracked 165k, but I barely get to drive it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TruTaing View Post
                            Woah. Thats funky. Glad to see you've got this guy m112 all sorted out. Mine's cracked 165k, but I barely get to drive it anymore

Your M112 has a cracked block!? What were some of the symptoms? mines at 167k currently and it is exhibiting some symptoms such as excess pressure build up in the upper radiator hose even after fixing the entire cooling system.all new hoses etc. Changed the expansion tank and the cap twice now! leads me to believe exhaust gases could be escaping into the water channel via a crack in the cylinder wall? Havent really had any other issues and Im still driving it to and from work without over heating or loosing water.
                            C280 Build Thread
                            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

lol. no no - no cracked block block for me. I just crossed 165k miles and the engine's been good..

I havent read heard of anyone w/ an m112 w/ a cracked block. Its generally a super-under tuned, all-purpose, torquey motor used from SLKs to MLs, in other words its been pretty durable. My PCV ontop of the valve covers wont stay sealed for more than like 20k, but other than that... the engine's been very durable for me. If I were you, i'd look into the PCV hoses and make sure they're not giving you issues. They may be clogged and can cause some issues there.

On the bright side if yours is giving you issues: m112's are like.. 500 bux now a days and easy to get if you need to pull it out. Pretty sure there is a guy in LA who can swap ya over to an m113 also.

Are you sure your system doesnt have too much fluid in it - Im guessing you've drained it entirely out also.

Comment

Working...
                              X